Chapter 8

I gripped the doorknob tightly, watching as Niall’s car got smaller and smaller down the road. I was too scared to turn around and face those eyes again, I had the urge to just open the door and run away. But who knows what would happen if he caught me?

“Jesse. Turn around.”

I jumped at his gravelly voice, it was closer than I thought, so close I could feel his ice cold breath on the back of my neck. I squeezed my eyes shut and remained facing the door. When he noticed I wasn’t turning around, he grabbed a chunk of my hair and spun me around in one quick motion. I had to bite my lip to keep a yelp from passing my lips.

“Listen to me when I tell you what to do bitch!”

I blinked back the tears in my eyes, forced to look into his fiery eyes because of the grip his hand had on my hair. “P-Please dad…” I begged, hoping he would feel pity for once. Instead he responded by gripping my jaw, his fingers were sure to leave a bruise by their strength.

“Why did you go behind my back?!” his voice echoed through the house, feeling even louder next to my ear. I tried to pull away, but his strong grip pulled me back to look into his raging eyes.

“I DIDN’T GO BEHIND YOUR BACK. YOU NEVER TALK TO ME SO I NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO TELL YOU!” I screamed in his face out of anger, I never had done that before. And I automatically regretted it.

My eyes widened in fear as I could see his angry facial expression change to utter hatred and disgust. He never looked more determined to hurt me than he did right now. The tears I had been fighting to hold back were now streaming down my face.

The scariest part was that he wasn’t drunk. He had never hurt me when he was sober, and now he had full control of his mind, strength, and judgment. I’m not saying that he wasn’t scary when he was drunk, but he never had a reason to abuse me. But I had made him mad, and that was all the convincing he needed.

He struck my jaw with his fist, knocking me on the ground instantly. I tried to move away from him but he stepped on my feet, anchoring me to the floor. I opened my mouth to tell him to stop, but his foot struck me hard on the cheek before I could speak.

I felt fists and feet pounding me all over my body; stomach, face, head, arms, legs, neck. Everywhere. My vision was beginning to get black at the edges, and the only thing I could hear were the screams and yelps coming out of my own mouth. I had never screamed louder in my whole life, my desperate cries calling out for somebody to help.

I was being kicked and punched repeatedly; feeling bones crack inside my body but getting too dizzy to feel it. I no longer had the strength to fight back; I couldn’t even open my mouth at this point. My vision was getting blurry and I tried with all my strength to keep my eyes open.

You can’t die. Not like this.

You have to fight back Jesse. I know you can do it.

A familiar voice filled my ears. My weak heart jumped as soon as I heard it, that smooth, sweet voice was all the motivation I needed. It was my mum. I opened my eyes wider, my vision was still blurry but I could still read the clock that sat on the table next me. 5:36. My own father had been beating me for the past half hour, it had never lasted so long before. I had no idea how I hadn’t passed out long ago.

I took my attention away from the time, and tried to move my arms. My right one was only dotted with bruises, but when I tried to move my left arm I felt a stabbing pain and sucked in a sharp breath, which caused searing pain in my ribs. I couldn’t move my body without any pain.

I can’t do it Mum. I’m too weak to do it alone.

I could feel more tears run down my face as my dad showed no sign of stopping, his anger bubbling over in each hit. I wasn’t ready to die at such a young age, but I didn’t have any hope to cling onto. This is where I was going to die, and I couldn’t do anything about it. With tears pooling down face I closed my eyes, feeling my life slip away.

Don’t lose hope Jesse, I won’t let you suffer any longer.

At the moment where I had the lowest amount of hope that I would be saved, something miraculous happened.

My father’s painful hits began to get lighter and lighter, until I could feel no more at all. I was confused, but relieved that the beating had stopped. I heard painful grunts and shouts coming from behind me, but I couldn’t turn my head to see who was causing it.

I winced when I felt a hand clutch my left arm, muffled, frantic shouting filling my ears. I couldn’t make out what the person was saying, but I did know by the feeling of their strong, soft hands, that Harry had come to save me.

I felt a wave of utter relief wash over my broken body. ‘I’m going to be okay’ I thought, as I was quickly slipping away into blackness again, but this time I knew I would have help by my side.

I’m with you, baby. Always remember that, I love you.

And that was the last voice I heard before slipping away, my Mum’s voice fresh in my mind.

***

THAT WAS INTENSE.

Sorry it's kinda short, I wrote it in a rush!

Vote/fan/comment/burritos the usual.

LOVE YOU ALL