Chapter 30

*Song for this chapter is Best Song Ever by One Direction because it has nothing to do with the chapter but I've had it on replay and I love it a lot so yeah.

Sorry about all the POV changes!

Enjoy xx*

HARRY'S POV

These past few weeks have been full of the most amazing moments in my entire life.

All of the boys and I are having a complete blast singing and meeting new people and just having a proper good time, I can't imagine the last time I had this much fun in ages. Yeah, it would be even better if Jesse was here and I truly miss her a ton, but sometimes it's good to just chill with my mates and do idiotic things that Jess wouldn't approve of. And the fact that we're here at The X Factor, the show I've been watching for as long as I can remember, is absolutely incredible and an opportunity that I still can't believe I get to be a part of.

Tomorrow is when all of the contestants get to see if they make it through, and -putting it lightly- I'm bloody fucking nervous. All of my hard work might mean nothing and I'll have to go back to my normal life in Cheshire, go to uni, study some things and graduate, and get a job to keep up with a lifestyle. Truly that doesn't sound like much of an exciting life, and while I was here it started to hit me that I want to make a career out of singing and live off of what I love to do, even if it took me this long to figure it out. The other lads agree with me, and we all hope we can get through to the judges' house and live shows and hopefully at least one of us can get to the finals. That would be wicked.

***

As I was lying in my bunk, pondering and worrying about how tomorrow would go and guessing who would and would not make it through, Niall popped in through the door.

"Hey, Haz." he greeted, stepping in and looking around the tidy room with an incredulous expression. "Jesus, it's so damn clean in here. You should see Louis' room, almost got lost under all the clothes and stuff." I let out a low chuckle and turned on my side to face him, "Yeah I saw, for once I actually wanted clean up."

Niall let out a quiet laugh and sat down on the chair across from me, I could sense a bit of nerves and uneasiness emanating off of him and could relate immediately. "Nervous for tomorrow?"

He nodded his head and looked up with clear eyes. "And some other things..."

"What's up?"

"I don't want to tell you." He fumbled with his fingers and averted his gaze to the floor.

"You're already here, aren't you? C'mon, mate you can trust me." I urged, beginning to get more anxious at what Niall was hiding.

"You'll get angry, and I don't want to distract you from the competition." Niall's voice became quiet and I could tell he was hiding something; the way he wasn't looking at me and playing with his fingers and the rim of his snapback. I was beginning to get nervous that it was a bad thing, or maybe something tragic had happened and he came to break the news. Honestly I didn't need any other bad things happening right now, we've all been through enough as it is.

"Niall, I'm not letting you leave without telling me." I stated with a hard edge to my voice that always seemed to convince Niall to do anything. Luckily, this time wasn't any different.

"Promise you won't get angry?"

I smiled kindly and nodded, trying to ease the tension off of the Irish lad. "Promise."

"Okay..." he began, his cheeks and neck getting red and blue eyes finally meeting mine. For a second, I could see hurt and a look of apology in his expression, but soon I was distracted and confused by the words leaving his pale lips.