Chapter 13

*Song for this chapter is Irresistible by none other than One Direction! Enjoy xx

HARRY’S POV

Usually on Christmas Eve, Gemma comes home from uni and we all play family games and eat loads. But she called last minute to say she wasn’t going to be able to make it because she was going to her boyfriend’s families for the holiday. I was quite disappointed when I heard the news, but she said that things were getting pretty serious between them and she wanted to ‘see what it would be like to be part of the family’.

So, since Jesse was taking a nap in the other room and mum was making dinner, I decided that I should work on ‘Operation Make Jesse Like Me’. Liam and I were currently texting back and forth ideas, like taking her to a fancy restaurant or on a hot air balloon and confessing my love for her. But that seemed too original and cheesy, and Jess wasn’t an original girl.

I ran my fingers through my hair in thought and frustration, apparently trying to come up with an idea to tell your best mate that you love them is a tough task.

I looked up and around my room, as if dirty clothes and old books would give me any sort of inspiration, when my eyes locked on something in the corner of my dresser. Something I hadn’t opened in at least a year, it just sat in my room with no use. It was actually rather odd that it suddenly caught my attention, it was pretty much lost in my room until now.

I swiftly moved off my bed, feet carrying me to the old notebook that seemed to call my name. I bent down and picked it up, the dark red leather cover somewhat worn from all the times I would use it. The feel of it in my hands was so familiar, yet foreign at the same time, and before I even opened it memories colored my mind.

I ran my fingers over the cover, feeling it’s every flaw from top to bottom, before opening it. Dust particles sprung from the notebook, littering the air as I tried to wave them out of my vision. My eyes scanned the first page, a small chuckle escaping my lips as I examined my poor handwriting from when I was only a freshman.

August 2008

First day of high school today, very nerve-wracking but luckily I met these four lads that were really cool. Louis, Liam, and Zayn are all from around the UK, but Niall’s from Ireland and his accent was really interesting, even though I could barely understand what he was saying half the time! All the girls were extremely fit and throughout the day the lads and I would make cheeky comments about them. It was quite entertaining to see their reactions when one of us would surprise them by squeezing their bums.

When lunch rolled around, I met up with the boys and we sat down to eat. I was looking around the lunch room when I spotted a girl that I recognized from some of my classes. She was sitting with a bunch of preppy-looking girls, seeming very annoyed with what they were talking about and looking around the room as if in search of another table to sit at.

We caught eye contact and I signaled for her to come over, trying to look as friendly as I could. She looked back at her table, the girls engrossed in some conversation that she wasn’t involved in, before picking up her tray and walking the short distance to our table.

The closer she got to us, the prettier she looked. I was confused on why I hadn’t taken much notice to her until now.

I patted the spot next to mine as she sat down, stealing the attention of the other guys. I was worried she might feel uncomfortable having to sit with five boys, but to my surprise she seemed completely fine.

“Thanks for that, they asked me to sit with them but all they could talk about was make-up and shopping.” A smile spread across her face, and she introduced herself. Her name was Jessie