Chapter 11

The song for this chapter is Addicted by Greg Laswell. This has always been one of my FAVORITE songs and I never get sick of listening to it! Enjoy Chapter 11 :)

We looked at each other, the same expression on all of our tear-stained faces that read confusion and shock. I definitely wasn’t expecting Harry to react that way and I don’t think any of the other boys did either; it turned the bitter-sweet moment of sadness and support to silence.

“Should we go check on him?” Liam asked, wiping the remaining tears off his face. We swapped glances with each other, as if asking the same question quietly with our eyes.

“We can’t just leave him up there alone.” Zayn spoke, breaking the temporary silence.

“But what if that’s what he wants?” Louis contemplated.

“We should still be good friends and see if he’s okay. He’s crying mate we have to see if he’s alright.” Zayn looked at all of us, my eyes stayed on my hands. Unlike the other boys; tears still dampened my cheeks, to me it was a way to try to forget what happened. Each tear being every terrible second I had to go through in my life.

Liam pulled me out of my thoughts as he stood up, gaining all of our attention. “You all stay here, I’ll be right back. He turned around and went up the stairs, the same stairs Harry had ran up crying minutes ago.

It’s crazy what can happen in such little time, I definitely knew the meaning to that.

HARRY’S POV

I lay on my bed with my face down on a pillow, screaming all the air out of my lungs as I bawled. I could feel my muscles ache as I gripped the duvet tightly in my fists, feeling my body heat up with anger and sadness at the same time. I had never felt like this before and I didn’t know how to handle myself, Jesse’s words sent me over the edge, I felt sick that she had gone through all this and not even told me anything about it.

I was her best friend. I was supposed to protect her and I didn’t.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door and Liam’s sympathetic voice calling my name, but I didn’t budge. Instead I curled up into a ball under my pillows, trying to hide myself from him. Trying to hide myself from the world.

“Harry, are you alright mate?” the soft creaking of my door filled my ears, then footsteps coming closer to where I was lying. I felt a part of my bed being weighed down and Liam setting his hand on the lump of pillows that consumed me.

“I know you’re under there, I could hear you screaming from the hallway.”

I blinked away more tears, refusing to speak.

“You don’t have to say anything else, just tell me if you’re okay and I’ll leave you alone. We were just worried.” Liam waited a few seconds for me to speak, I felt bad for not talking to him. He had come up here to check on me and I was being stubborn.

With a sigh, I felt Liam’s body getting off the bed and his footsteps moving toward the door. I could tell he was disappointed that I wouldn’t respond to him.

I slowly sat up, pillows falling off the bed. This caused Liam to look back, his full attention on my red and blotchy face. I looked up at him and tried to stop the tears from falling so I could speak.

“I…I can’t.”

 It was all I could get out of my aching mouth. My voice sounded like sandpaper and my throat was burning from the outburst. Liam furrowed his eyebrows at me in confusion, not understanding what I meant. I cleared my throat.

“I can’t tell you I’m okay…because I’m not.” I brought my knees up to my chest and pressed my face between them, letting my soaked cheeks rub against my skin. Liam came over and sat across from me on the bed, his hand going to my shoulder.