06

" Pretend to be his wife? " Jiwoo shrieked.

Her ear caught a heavy sigh on her right as Yedam dump his weight on the couch. Jiwoo averted her gaze to him and saw him massaging his temple as his eyes shut tight. Softly, his hand sneaked into his palm.

" but, ma... " Jiwoo tried to protest.

But she got cut instead " I know Jiwoo. It is hard for you and Yedam but please, help Mrs. Park to take care of her son for a while. At least until he knows the truth " Mrs. Eun convinced.

No wonder Mrs. Park invited Yedam and her mom along to lunch at the family Park's house.

obviously to discuss this.

Yedam sat back up straight and nodded " To be honest, I have no problem with that " he said, turning his head to his girl and shooting her with a look that she did not understand.

Was he being serious?

Or he was being sarcastic?

Jiwoo did not know

" oh " Yedam glanced at the watch around his wrist " I'm sorry, Mrs. Park, Mrs. Eun. I have a recording session with Taehyun " He claimed, excusing himself.

Both of the mums nodded before Yedam bowed his head and set his pace out of the house.

He was not even caring to spare a glance at Jiwoo before he closed the door.

" Can I have some time to think? " Jiwoo asked, earning a nod from the two as well " I promise you it will not be that long "

" I understand, honey " Mrs. Park drew a reassuring smile " You should go after him " She shoved her hands toward the door.

" Thank you " She said.

Jiwoo got her butt off and jogged to the main door. She swung the door open and exclaimed " Yedam! "

Ignoring her, Yedam pulled the door open and got into the car. Jiwoo sprinted forward to his pet.

The engine roared as loud as Jiwoo knocked the glass, asking Yedam to roll down the glass.

As if he heard nothing, Yedam looked forward, ignoring all of the noises that Jiwoo made before he finally brought down the window and tilted his head as a signal for her to hop in the car.

Jiwoo ambled her way to the passenger seat as she pulled open the door and settled herself on the cushion before she pulled the door close.

" I- "

" I should not allow you to go to Jihoon's wedding " Yedam said firmly, still keeping his gaze frontward. The left hand grasped the steering wheel tight.

Jiwoo snapped her head to him. A disbelief scoff escaped as she shook her head " What do you mean? "

" If you didn't go to that stupid wedding ceremony, you will not encounter this shit "

Her eyes were strong on the face that still refused to look at her and Jiwoo mumbled " I thought you trusted me? "

" For attending your ex's wedding and visiting your ex-husband in the hospital? Yes " Yedam admitted " But having you, staying under the same roof, and even sleeping on the same bed with the one that was once in your heart? obviously not "

Yedam's hand now pulled out the gear to R, reversing the car before he pushed the gear back to D, leaving the house that burned his flame.

" That is the same " She remarked " It means you don't trust me " It got him rolling his eyes in annoyance.