21

Jiwoo peeked in Jeongwoo's ward with an eye closed. He was staring at his clothes with his bag scattered on the floor. Jiwoo stood up straight and hit her knuckles on the door, notified Jeongwoo that she will come in.

Jeongwoo's head snapped to the entrance before he quickly ran his gaze away after he saw Jiwoo. He bowed down to reach the bag on the floor. A groan could be heard as he was trying so hard to reach his bag.

He then felt a hand pull his body up before she knelt down to pick the bag up " You could have called me and asked for help "

" What are you doing here? " Jeongwoo asked coldly as he looked at Jiwoo who was still folding his clothes and stuffed it into the bag.

" Helping my future husband " 

" How many times sh- "

" You don't want to marry me? " Jiwoo cut him off, hands still folding each clothes neatly " But I want to "

" I am not perfect " His head dropped down to his leg, which has no use anymore.

" Nobody is perfect " Jiwoo stopped, eyes daringly shot at the stubborn grown man on the wheelchair " neither i am "

Seeing him still staring at his leg, Jiwoo got up and took the wheelchair's armrest inher hand and pulled it to make him face her " Park Jeongwoo " She sternly called.

" Don't you love me? " She softened her tone.

Jeongwoo slowly brought his head up to find her eyes " I am " He softly replied.

" Then, why can't you get married with me, honey? "

" I don't want you to be sad, Jiwoo " Jeongwoo replied with the same tone as hers. Which made her drown in emotion.

" Everyone will be sad if their loved one is suffering. That is a good thing that I am sad " Jiwoo softly patted her chest as if she was trying to persuade a kid to stop crying.

" No, you don't understand " He said, hands reaching the wheels to get away but got pulled again by Jiwoo.

" I do, understand Jeongwoo "

Jeongwoo refused to make eye contact as he yanked away her hands from gripping on the armrest. He held the wheels and reversed the wheelchair before he moved toward the door.

Jiwoo was left behind before he called out his name " Park Jeongwoo "

Jeongwoo stopped midways but still no looks were exchanged as he looked to the front firmly

" If you don't want to get married with me, then it is the emd for me "

☆☆☆

Jeongwoo sat on the wheelchair as his eyes were glued on the television but his mind was everywhere but the show.

He snapped to reality when the door clicked. He looked at the two guests who were slightly bowed when their eyes met " Jeongwoo " the girl uttered with a smile.

Jeongwoo smiled back " Please take a seat. Do you want me to call mom? "

She shook her head, refusing " No, I wanted to talk to you "

" I'm Haewon. Do you remember me? "

Jeongwoo stared blankly at her and shook his head slowly " I'm sorry, but I can't " he hung his head low.

" It's okay, I understand "

Haewon caught a piece of card on the tea table and nudged her elbow at the person beside her. Yedam looked at her in puzzlement and realized the graphic on it.