09

A brush lightly went through a face, applying the powder all over it to make sure the makeup would not crack. She put down the brush and turned her head to the right and left as her eyes fixed on her reflection in the mirror.

A smile crept on her face. Satisfaction developed in her as her make up was on point. Jiwoo glanced at her watch " Oh my, I'm late " She quickly grabbed the handbag and pulled down the doorknob, legs rushing out downstairs.

" Eommoni, I'm off " She announced.

" Jiwoo " The old voice called, making the said girl whirl around. " Yes, emmoni? "

" Can you drop by the hospital at lunchtime? He forgot to bring this with him. He is still in his recovery so I want him to eat only home meals " She ordered, fingers tapping on the top of the tiffin.

" Uhh... " her head flew to the promise she made with Yedam last night. It's okay if I'm late for a few minutes, right? I will only deliver and go to the restaurant right after

" Jiwoo? " Mrs. Park called as she saw Jiwoo was deep in thought.

Jiwoo's head snapped back to the elderly " uh, yes. Of course " lips spread wide across her face.

☆☆☆

" I didn't expect to see you this fast " Jungwon leaned at the doorframe, watching his friend wipe off his nameplate.

" My patient will miss me if I take too many days off " he replied sheepishly, throwing the wet tissue that already turned greyish into the rubbish bucket.

A laugh snort escaped Jungwon's lips before he stopped himself, the smile dropping down as he put on a serious look " Jeongwoo "

The hum from the other allowed himself to continue to speak " I wanted to talk about Haewon "

Hearing the name, Jeongwoo turned his head to link their eyes " What about her? "

" Don't be too hard on her. She is your best friend "

" She is? "

Jungwon nodded his head " But don't give her space to get between you and Jiwoo " He said, leaving Jeongwoo's room right after.

Jeongwoo was left dumbfounded. He stared at the blank space as a thought swelled into his mind.

How can I have a best friend? A girl best friend? he wondered.

Jeongwoo pulled the drawer. A sight that greeted his eyes made him freeze in place.

A picture frame of him and Jiwoo.

With shattered glass.

Did I drop this? He questioned himself.

As he was convinced by the fact that the picture was accidentally dropped, Jeongwoo moved his hand to grab his daily patient book.

Where he wrote all about his patient for his reference.

Before he could grab the book with the dark brown leather cover, his eyes caught a polaroid picture on top of it.

Jeongwoo's forehead wrinkled as his eyebrows aligned.

It was a picture of him.

And Haewon.

Looking at each other as if they were in love.

We are this close? He wondered again.

Jeongwoo then smashed the drawer close before he grabbed the phone into his palm.