11

Haewon removed her left leg from the car before the other one followed. She grabbed her handbag and got out of the vehicle. The lock button was pressed to make sure no one can bring her car away.

Walking in confidence, the air swayed her hair along the wind, making her look more confident naturally. As soon as she stepped into the hospital, her body was wrapped in someone's arm.

Haewon's eyes went round out of shock as her body froze. The man let go of the hug and looked at her " Haewon... "

The surprised expression toned down " Yedam, what's wrong? "

The black shadow under his eyes succeeded in ticking the heart of her in worries.

" We broke up " Yedam mumbled under his breath.

Haewon was left speechless as she was taken aback " And what are you doing here? "

" I want to talk to you, Haewon " Yedam answered immediately.

Haewon wanted to say 'you can text me' but the realization hit her when they never exchange their number even after encountering each other for lots of time.

Her eyes then flickered around Yedam's face when she notice the red blush around his neck. As if he got choked by someone. Not adding how bad the bruise on his left cheekbone was when it was supposed to fade by now.

She quickly reached the body and pulled it into her arms. Yedam placed his chin on her shoulder as Haewon stroked the back of his head " It must be hard for you "

Haewon glanced across her shoulder. Should I cancel my plan? Jeongwoo would probably forget about it anyway.

Haewon then looked back at Yedam, hands squeezing his shoulders and putting him away " But, let's have those wounds treated, okay? And then we go somewhere to talk "

☆☆☆

" Are you going around punching people in the face? " Harin blabbered with her fingers picking the cotton bud and dabbing it to the wound on his knuckles after she dipped it into yellow anti-bacteria liquid.

" I did "

Harin shot her eyes up and back to his knuckles after her eyes rolled " Not funny, Haruto "

" I really did " He brought up his head and hardened his tone.

Harin tossed away the cotton bud into the dustbin " Who was it? Jeongwoo again? " 

Haruto leaned back his head and shut his eyes tight " No. It's a good thing that he didn't remember anything. He treat Jiwoo better than I expected " 

" Please don't tell me it was Yedam " 

" It is "

Her eyes widened as her hand smacked Haruto's lap " Yah "

Haruto jerked as his hands rubbed his lap hard as it stung hard " What? " He shrieked " Don't blabber to me. I have my own reason " He pulled an index finger in front of her lips, not letting Harin speak anything.

" Are you going to beat Yeonkyu to his death if he hurts me? " Harin threw a random question

" If it is necessary, I will " He calmly answered, leaning back in the chair and sealing back his eyes.

A heavy exhale escaped her as she ran her fingers on her face " How many times I said th- "

" Violence is not the way? You didn't know how Jiwoo came home with her eyes red and her cheeks full of tears stained, right? " Haruto cut her, still keeping his eyes close. Harin wrinkled her forehead as a look of puzzlement crossed her face. 

" They broke up. Reason? Unknown. She refused to tell me " Haruto continued to speak, leaving Harin with her mouth gaped open.

Too many things going on and it was as much as the questions swimming around on her mind but the one she wanted to know the most is " How did you know? "

Looking at Haruto remaining silent, Harin shrieked " You slept at Park's home?! "

" Only for two weeks okay, I just wanted to know how Jeongwoo treated her "

Harin's eyebrows went down to her eyes as her nose scrunched in disgust " That's creepy  "

" At least I slept at my aunt's house "

☆☆☆

Jeongwoo climbed down his car, hands grabbing his suitcase tight before he slammed the door shut. A honking sound escaped his pet as he pressed the lock button.

He jogged his way to the main door and pushed it open. Jeongwoo set his feet in the house and shut the door behind him

The figure who was folding the clothes on the couch woke his organs. Not knowing how to react.

But the person themself did not acknowledge his presence made him approach them slowly.

" Jiwoo " He called.

The face beamed up with a smile, Jeongwoo put his suitcase away and ran to the figure he called wife. He plopped down beside Jiwoo and threw his hand across her body.

" Yah, you are from the hospital. You got too much bacteria with you " Jiwo said, curling in her body as Jeongwoo clung too much to her.

Jeongwoo stopped abruptly and sat up straight " Is that another way for you to say 'I don't like you'? " He randomly asked which made Jiwoo stare at him in disbelief.

A mischievous smile played on her lips as she answered " yes "

Jeongwoo gasped as he threw his hands on his mouth dramatically " how could you?! " he shrieked and snuck into Jiwoo's arms back.

Jiwoo's body was thrown back against the sofa and they ended up cuddling on the dark brown leather couch

Laughter filled up the living room as the two found their happiness even in the small thing.

The giggles faded away before Jeongwoo looked up at Jiwoo " Are you feeling better today? " He asked, hand ruffling the dark brown silky hair

People said that professionalism is where you didn't mix up the work with personal things. Jiwoo took an emergency leave as yesterday's incident affect her emotions.

Jiwoo shot her eyes up to take him in her sight " Did you come back early because of me? " She playfully asked.

" of course. You cried so hard last night and I should be worried you know? " Jeongwoo caressed his thumb on the dark shade under her eyes " The swollen did not even fade "

Lies.

Jeongwoo did not even remember Jiwoo being at home today. He just got an early excuse and sprinted home right after and found her.

Jiwoo stared at him for a good minute as she placed her palm on his hand before she said " When did you become lovely dovey like this? " Her voice sounded mock.

Jeongwoo suddenly rolled down to the floor and sat up on his butt, crossing his legs as the right sole met the left, hands wrapped around his ankle " Why? Did I not give you the affection you deserve? " His facial muscle tensed up as his expression became serious.

Jiwoo looked at him, with a blank stare. She then sat up and followed his body gesture. The corner of her lips moved downward, eyes shooting up with her index finger on her chin " What if I say yes? " she gazed back at him.

Jeongwoo then lay down above the fluffy carpet as he stared at the moving fan on the ceiling. He crept his hand to the couch and pulled Jiwoo's wrist.

Making her plop her weight on his " Yah "

Jeongwoo held down Jiwoo's head, causing it to be buried in his neck and stroked her hair " I'm sorry " he said.

Jiwoo remained in the position as her ears perked up.

" If what you said just now is the truth, I'm truly sorry "