Chapter 25

I woke up to beeping and bright lights and I couldn't tell where I was and what had happened to me and where was buddy and how did I even get out of the car. I had seen my wires that were hooked up to me and my heart monitor beeping at me and I was looking around the room more to find anyone. Then a nurse walked in and she said, "oh my, you are awake finally" and she walked over and checked my heart rate and fluids and I guess my injuries. I asked her "what had happened?" and she said "you were in a bad car accident and you had been in out of sleep for a couple of weeks and you had major surgery and not to mention you have a son" and I looked at her confused and said "Yes I know I have a son, has still in my stomach " and she shook her head and said "the major surgery they had to do almost killed the baby, so they did and emergency c-section and delivered your son but he is in the nicu recovering and growing" and I felt a weight lifted off me and she said "well the doctor will be in soon to check on you and see how your scar is healing and see when you can go home" and I nodded my head and I can't believe we have a son and I hope I can see Oliver soon and I didn't have my cell phone and or my belongs.

I woke back up and I checked the time it was One a clock and I thought Oliver would be here by now, I tried to sit up and adjust but I couldn't it hurt too much and then I looked at the table that was attached to the bed and it had my phone and it was charging and there was a note it was from my nurse and it said "I figured you would want this, your husband dropped it off for you in case  you wake up and we charged it and we helped take some pictures of your son for you" and I smiled and unlocked my phone and looked at the pictures he was so small and I wish I could hold him and see him. I had listened to my voice mail to see if my grandma had called and she did and then her nurse called me and said I hope I heal better and that my grandma can't remember as much anymore, and it was getting worse. I heard a voice message from Oliver and it was sweet and good to hear his voice and I really wanted to see him. I had sent him a message and hoping he would respond and come over. I still laid there, and I turned the tv to see what is on and I waited for him.

I fell back asleep, the nurse told me getting the rest I needed was okay. I had woken up and it was three a clock and I felt something on my bed and I moved my hand and felt another hand and I looked and it was him and he looked at me and started to cry and said "ell" and I nodded my head and he gave me a hug and didn't let me go for a while and it felt so nice to be in his arms and to smell him and just to feel him and honestly just being with him is better. He had finally let me go and he said "I am so happy you are awake and doing better" and I laughed and said "thanks and how is my other boy" and he laughed and said "he is just fine, he is a good dog and he goes to work with me and he has been missing you" and I smiled and said "good and they took pictures of our boy for me" and eh smiled and nodded and said "yeah we wanted to make sure you had something good to wake up to" and I smiled and said "thank you and what had happened to me" and he sighed and said "it was a car accident and we have been investigating it and there hasn't been any results other than the car was totaled and we have to get you anew ride and we still have some baby shopping to do when you get better" and I smiled and said "Well the baby shopping I'm on board with but my car damn" and he nodded his head and said "I am ready for you to come home" and I nodded my head in agreement.

The doctor had come in and he did his check with me and said I had to stay one more week here and then I can come home for some more bed rest and to walk around but our son had to stay in the hospital to heal and keep going since he couldn't be eaten on his own and breathe on his own yet. we had to come up with a name for our son and we couldn't think of one till I found the perfect name for it. his name is Mateo Asher smith and I loved it. It finally felt like all the pieces were coming together and my family was together again.