Chapter 28

what happened last?

Phone conversation:

Oliver: hey ell, what's up?

ell: (me breathing heavily)

Oliver: ell baby what's wrong?

ell: (you could hear her crying so loudly)

Oliver: baby, talk to me.

ell: come to the hospital please.

Oliver: on my way

phone call ended.

I just sat there, all the tears just kept coming out and I couldn't stop them. My son was alive not even hours ago and then not, I mean it happened so fast and I didn't even get to hold him or over him or watch him grow old with us and watch him go to prom, or to graduate high school or college.  I could hear Oliver shouting in the waiting room looking for me and Olivia yelled back at him and showed me where I went. he had taken one look at me and said "no, no" and my tears just kept coming still I couldn't stop crying, he had rushed over and held me, and You could feel our world crashing down.

we have stayed like that for an hour and the doctor had come in and he said "now that you both are here we have to talk" and we both let go of each other and we sat down and he said "I am sorry for your loss and we have some papers here for you to sign" and we nodded our heads and started to sign the papers and he said "now this last one is about unplugging the breathing vent from him" and he slid it over to use and I started crying and Oliver held me and he signed the paper and I couldn't sign the paper. I had gotten up and left the room and went outside. I needed some air and I needed to breath. Oliver had followed me out and he said "baby, we have so sign this paper" and I looked at him with my eyes that had been swollen and I said "I can't do it, what's the point he is dead already anyways so what does it matter" and Oliver sighed and said "I know you don't but we have to" and I just couldn't take it and said "no we don't what happens if he stays on the vent ,he can breathe and I can have my son" and Oliver had stepped closer to me and he said "baby, you know better than that, I know you love him so much but we need to put him to rest and be his peace okay" and I looked at him and nodded my head and we walked back inside and we went back to that room and we sat down and I signed that paper. The doctor had taken the papers and said, "when you are ready, we will have a private area set up for you and we will give you some time to say your goodbyes" and we nodded our head and the doctor had shown us to a room and then the nurse brought our son in.

He was still so small, and he was everything to me and I held his hand and the tears started to come back and then the doctor and nurses came back in and the doc asked "Ready", and we both nodded our heads and he said, "alright I'm going to unplug him and then his heart monitor will stop beeping and then it will flat line" and we both nodded our heads. the doctor had taken off the tube and taken out of his mouth and the heart monitor kept going until he flat lined and then the nurse turned it off and she had wrapped him up in a blanket for me and asked "would you like to hold him" and I nodded my head and I sat down with my son and held him and I said "I am your mommy, and I love you so much and I want you to know it's okay, pappy is waiting for you and will help you out okay, I love you my son" and he took his finally breath and he passed peacefully in my arms.

The nurse had taken his handprint and footprint when he was born, and they handed me the file with the prints in it. Oliver had called the funeral home and had everything set up and it was sweet. I had held onto my son, and I didn't even realize how long I had held my son and Oliver took a picture for me.

we had left the hospital and Oliver drove me home and had Olivia take the week off and so he could take care of me. we had gotten home, and he had helped me up the stairs and he had put me in bed, he had covered me up and gave me a kiss on the forehead and he left the room, and he had buddy come in with me and lay with me. I could feel myself being tried and I was just ready to wake up from this bad dream.