Chapter 2- The art of orientation

Chapter Two

‘Is that all?’ The lady asked behind the airport sign-in desk.

‘Yes,’ Elle nodded and put the paperwork back into her bag.

Elle’s luggage chugged along the conveyer belt, sliding behind the lady and disappearing into out of view.

‘Okay, I guess this is goodbye,’ Elle smiled as she turned to her family.

Meryl and Liam had come to wave her off, and Elle had begged Anna to join. Shaking hands with Liam Elle gave her mother a big hug. They were her family and she loved them a lot, even if they did get on her nerves some times.

‘See y’all,’ Elle waved to them all and began to walk off.

‘Wait, what about me?!’ Anna yelled, running after her friend.

When she was close enough Elle turned, grabbing onto Anna’s arm with a tight grip. ‘You’re coming with me to the terminal.’

‘B…but,’ Anna stumbled. ‘I’m not allowed, am I?’

‘Yes, you can,’ Elle smiled and gave a final shout to her family before she entered the main part of the airport.

It took a while but they finally made it to the terminal with barely a few minutes to spare before boarding closed.

‘Okay, now we can say goodbye,’ Elle turned to Anna but before she’d even finished her sentence she was tackled into a hug.

‘I’m going to miss you Elle,’ Anna muttered and then released the hug. ‘I wish I was going too. The school sounds pretty fun.’

As soon as Elle had found that she was going to the academy of five peaks she’d rung up Anna in desperate need of help. They’d searched the web in look for something about the school and they’d come across its website. It was an amazing school and Elle couldn’t believe she’d never heard of it. Half built into the mountain the school was pretty old, first founded nearly 150 years ago. It has a proximately one thousand students attending, coming from all over the country.

Elle held Anna’s shoulders, looking right into her friend’s eyes. ‘You need to promise me you will not stay with Chris any longer.’

Anna sighed and gave a small smile. ‘You know I can’t do that, I really do like him.’

‘I have no idea when this happened. One second you were crying because he was a bully and then the next second you were kissing him all over,’ Elle said.

‘These things happen. But don’t worry about me; I’ve learnt a thing or two from you in our time. I can look after myself,’ Anna nodded and gave Elle a small nudge to the plane.

Over the speakers a ladies voice came through telling them it was the last call for Elle’s flight.