Chapter 24- The Fight Begins

Chapter Twenty Four

‘Elle!’ Luca pulled away from him, unwrapping her arms from around his torso as she unlocked their lips. Luca took a stumbled step towards Elle but Elle just shook her head, stunned and shocked as she stared at the back of the boys head that Luca had been kissing’s. He was facing away, having been in that position when Elle burst in, but she recognized those brown curls and the height he stood. She didn’t want him to turn around, didn’t want the truth to stare her in the face. So she fled, ignoring Luca’s cries as hot tears streaked her vision.

The outside world was blocked out and Elle felt disorientated and confused. She was broken, with no energy left to fix her. Elle was caught in a battle within herself, one side not wanting to believe it was real and the other knowing that there was no other way. She’d never felt that way, the feeling of betrayal, hate, and self-loathing for ever letting it happen with such oblivion.

A hand was on her shoulder, she tried to shrug it off but it held tight.

‘Elle,’ his voice. Even though she knew what he’d done Elle couldn’t help but feel calmer, safer, in his presence. ‘Look at me Elle,’ he said almost angrily.

Through blurry eyes she turned to see him standing behind her, his hand still resting on her shoulder.

‘Oh my god,’ his expression turned to shock when he took in her disheveled appearance. ‘Are you crying because of that thing with Luca?’

Elle felt a new wave of emotions wash over her as he uttered the truth. She tried to move away but he held her tightly. Slowly she gave nod and looked to the wall of the room.

‘I was as surprised as you. I saw you run out and followed,’ he said, frowning slightly.

‘…Can you please just leave me alone,’ Elle muttered, trying to shake his hand off.

‘No. You’re crying, I’m not going to leave you like this,’ he shook his head, trying to catch her gaze.

‘You can’t help!’ Elle glared at him as anger flared, confused by his words.

‘I’m you’re boyfriend. I’m here for you always,’ he said defiantly, frowning slightly.

‘How dare you say that! You can’t just say we’re still together after you just kissed Luca!’ Elle yelled. Josh faltered as confusion came over his features. Elle paused too; hope suddenly flooding her veins as she waited for his reply.

‘Elle, that wasn’t me in there.’

She began to take deep breaths but the doubts still stayed, she had to be sure. ‘If it wasn’t you then who was it?’

‘You know. The boy from the whorehouse. Luca must’ve found him after I talked to her about what happened. I can’t believe she would do it,’ he said carefully. ‘Did you think it was me?’

With the quietest voice Elle could muster she said, ‘Yes.’ She hung her head shamefully.

Elle had expected him to get angry, or worse laugh but instead he took her by surprise.

‘I’m sorry,’ he whispered and without any other words he hugged her. Even though her face was squashed against his chest, tears staining her cheeks, and her body numb and tired, Elle was comforted.

‘Why are you sorry, Josh? It should be me saying that,’ she said.

‘I’m sorry because I must not be a very good friend and boyfriend to allow you to even think I would ever cheat on you. And with Luca no less! That’s just…yuk!’