Chapter 3- Night Classes

Chapter Three

Two hundred years ago demons from hell ravaged the world. They came through from they’re realm using portals that ripped open the time fabric. They came for Earth, killing and destroying the place humans had lived in, not stopping for anyone or anything.

People believed that they’d committed sins and this was their repentant for what they’d done. With no other way they tried to bargain with the demons, trying to survive in any way.

But there was a group of people who did not see this as right. They saw those demons as what they were and believed they had to be brought down, that they needed to be pushed back to their world. So these people trained and created warriors who could fight the demons, but soon they realized that humans alone could not kill these things. To kill the monsters you had to be them.

So the Hunters were created. Half human, half creature. They were used to fight and destroy these things from hell.

The war waged for centuries, with both sides gaining and losing many lives. Places were built to train and generate more of these half humans, hidden deep away so the demons could not find them.

Finally the humans were able to push the demons back far enough to seal the time fabric and stop them from reaching back over to Earth.

But some of them have been able to slip through. So Hunters have had to continue fighting and learning, the bloodlines of the originals the only ones who’ve been able to become these half human creatures.

--------------------

‘What!’ Elle had heard of the Hunters. Though she’d never really thought they were real. She had known they were true but for some reason she’d never actually believed that they were real. It was just strange to think that and seeing as the demons had never affected her personally she didn’t need to know about them. ‘They train them here?!’

‘Yeah, that’s why the school was formed,’ the girl glanced at the kids. ‘So that must mean you’re one of them, that’s pretty cool.’

‘Yeah,’ Elle thought to herself. ‘It’s pretty cool,’ she got up and left the table, emptying her tray on the way. As she left she felt the burning of the Hunter students eyes on the back of her neck and as soon as she left the hall she ran all the way back to her dorm.

Her dorm partner didn’t turn up at all and by the time Elle woke up the next day the bed was still perfectly made.

Heaving her ass out of bed Elle got ready for school, quite thankful that there wasn’t a uniform. She went to her normal classes, sitting again with the pimply girl and a boy called Sam who had a pretty bad lisp and found it difficult to socialize.

All day Elle was thinking about the night classes, her emotions changing from excitement to nervousness and then to plain scared. She’d heard a lot about Hunters and not all the stories nice either. They were told to be hard, rough, and with no mercy, especially their training.