23. GROWING TENSIONS

Outer Banks, the ChateauJuly 19th, 202011:23pm

July 19th, 2020
11:23pm

"No I don't regret it! I mean, yeah maybe it was stupid but sneaking out that night was so fun," Kiara explained, and we all laughed.

My eyes were focused on JJ's wounds, as he was laying shirtless on the couch and I rubbed a small compress on his cuts. He kept staring at me like I was going to rip his skin off, which drove me insane since I was being extra careful not to hurt him. As he chuckled, JJ's torso moved and so I thumped him gently. "Don't move," I whispered.

He winced, as if I was hurting him, when I knew it wasn't possible since the cotton wasn't even on his wound, so I rolled eyes again, chuckling. "Laugh, cause when it will be your turn I won't even heal your wounds," he argued, smirking.

"Fine, I don't need you to anyways," I shrugged. "What about you Pope? What is something you regret you did?"

He thought for a bit but it didn't really take him long to find the answer. "Failing at maths last semester," he blurted out.

I bit my lip not to laugh and as my eyes met JJ's, it was even harder not to burst out in laugh. Thanks to the fact that I was applying product on JJ's cuts, I was only facing him and so the other ones couldn't see the amusement on my face. I found very cute how this was what Pope replied when we asked him about his biggest regret, but after what we had all gone through, I allowed myself to be amused by it. JJ's lips also curved in a line and he nodded as if he could relate to Pope's words.

I mean, he could relate since he had probably failed his whole semester, but I was sure it wasn't his biggest regret. "I'm sure you'll do better next year, it happens," I tried to reassure him.

"You think it's funny, I can hear it in your voice you're making fun of me," Pope reproached me, laughing, as Kiara began to chuckle as well.

"No! I mean-" I struggled to find the right words. "It's just far from what I expected but it's cute actually"

I was finally done cleaning JJ's hurt torso and sat next to him and stared at the others who bursted out in pure laugh as they noticed my blushed cheeks. "Come on Golfing girl, what's your biggest regret then?" JJ asked me.

"I have no regrets," I chuckled.

"Come on!" Pope groaned.

"That's what everyone says but you gotta have at least one regret. Like- I don't know," Kiara began to think for me but she didn't seem to find my answer.

JJ laughed and placed his hand on my thigh quite firmly. "Like dating Rafe Cameron," he told me.

I smiled at his words and slapped his hand off my skin, before thinking about it for a few seconds. I had been through very hard times while I had dated Rafe, but saying I regretted these years would have been a lie. "I don't regret dating him cause he did make me happy at some point. I'd say maybe not spending enough time with Nate back when he was a baby," I shrugged.