BONUS (2)

Outer Banks, Maybank's house
June 16th, 2026
7:46am

"What's wrong my love?" JJ's hoarse voice mumbled in my ear, making me look at him.

A few sun rays lightened the room, passing through the closed curtains, which allowed me to get a good glimpse of my husband's face. I groaned and he placed his lips on my forehead to relax me, since he just knew how miserable I had been feeling these last few days. "I'm nauseous again," I complained.

"Come here," he opened his arms and I snuck inside of them, breathing as deeply as I could not to throw up on him. "I wish I could take all your pain away"

I nodded and kissed his naked chest. "I'll be fine, can you get me my medicine please?" I asked, as he unwrapped his arms from around me.

He reached out to grab the medicine box which was on the nightstand and handed it to me so I could take it. I placed it in my mouth and he handed me a bottle of water which helped me swallowing it. Then I laid back in his arms and prayed the sky for our little monster to allow me at least ten extra minutes of cuddles with the man I loved. Iris was a cute little baby girl, she had just turned two and could already talk, which didn't fail to impress us.

When I had learned I was pregnant with our second baby, a few weeks earlier, my whole world had fallen apart. Being Iris's mom was the best thing which had happened to me but it was unexpected and I didn't plan on having any more babies so soon. My first pregnancy had gone perfectly fine, I had not been sick, Iris didn't kick too much and giving birth had barely been painful, but I could already sense that our second baby would cause way more troubles. "You should sleep Jay, we're going to have a long day today," I whispered.

"I don't want you to suffer alone darling," he told me.

"Darling?" I chuckled, looking up at him, placing my hand on his cheek. "That's new?"

"Yeah I like to renew," he smiled proudly.

I snuggled more against him and he massaged my head with his fingers on my temples, rubbing my skin with small circle motions. It relaxed me indeed, but more than anything it made me feel deeply loved and cherished. I kissed his naked chest and stayed in his arms, wishing for this sweet moment never to end. "I love you so much JJ," I mumbled, closing my eyes.

He slid his hand under my oversized t-shirt and rubbed my stomach as well, pressing kissed all over my face. "Eh, I think I love you more," he began and I knew this would just never end.

Before I could contradict him, our small tornado stormed in our room and climbed on our bed, holding her teddy bear in her little hands. JJ sighed and I pulled away from his arms, opening mine for her. She slid under the covers, her small body laying between JJ's and mine, and she cuddled up against me. I smiled wildly and kissed her head. "Hi Iris, did you sleep well baby?" I asked her.

"Yes!" she hugged me tightly and I laughed, while JJ rolled eyes.

"Give daddy a hug too, he's jealous now," I whispered. "You know how he is"

She immediately unwrapped her arms from around me and rotated, crashing her little body against her dad's. Even if she was just two years old, she already looked so much like her dad on the outside and on the inside. Her father wrapped his big arms around her and attacked her with kisses, making her giggles echo through the room. "I'm hungry daddy," she whined once her laugh subsided.

"Well then we're going to have to do something about it," he told her, tickling her.

She nodded and jumped off the bed, clapping enthusiastically in her hands, so excited, just like she was all the time. I was about to get up to go make her breakfast but JJ softly kissed my forehead, pushing me to lay back down on the bed. "You're sick, just go back to sleep, I got this," he reassured me.