25. DON'T CALL FOR HELP

Outer Banks, the HMS
July 20th, 2020
10:30pm

"We should honestly be going to the cops," Kiara voiced on the other side of the boat, which didn't fail to annoy JJ.

"The cops, yeah and say what Kie? We're worried about our friend because he's on a rampage because Ward Cameron killed Big John? Like, they're not gonna believe us," JJ contradicted firmly.

I sighed and grabbed Pope's binoculars, staring at the Cameron mansion more properly, trying to catch a glimpse of whatever was happening in there. It took me long to steady my vision and so when I made it to perceive the house, I tried to stare through the windows but I didn't see anything. "Hey, we should get in there," I stated.

"What?" Pope left out.

"I can easily get in, I mean, out of us all I'm the less suspicious. If anyone sees me, I come up with a lie, and I make sure Ward is alive," I shrugged, as I stared at them. "I can also try to get informations about the gold and check up on Sarah"

Kiara and Pope seemed to be processing the offer and smoothly nodded, since they had to admit this was the best way to have our interrogations answered. JJ scoffed instead, and shook his head. "No way, that's too dangerous," he declined.

"We did dangerous things before and you didn't evaluate the risks," I argued.

"But we were all together! If we can't go with you, then you're not going at all and this is a shitty plan anyways!" JJ almost yelled at my face.

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, unsure how to convince him. I knew he was looking out for me and it was nice of him but since John B had probably committed a crime by killing Figure-Eight's King as a revenge for killing his dad, we couldn't just stay there wishing things would be okay. I couldn't let him kill Ward, as much as I hated him. And if I didn't do that for myself or for any of the Pogues on this boat, I had to do it for Sarah, Wheezie, and of course for Rafe. Even if he was an asshole, I didn't want him to lose his dad, as shitty as he was.

"I won't be long," I sighed, getting closer from JJ and cupping his cheeks with the palms of my hands. "It's the only option we have"

"Oh so you're really going? Are you going just because Rafe's there?" he inquired, taking my hands off his face, which made both Kiara and Pope gasp, while I bit my lip trying not to lose my patience with him even though it was hard. "Oh right I see-"

"JJ, don't be like that bro," Pope mediated.

JJ snickered at his face. "What? you're on her side? Her plan is bullshit!" he argued.

"Alright then what's your plan, I'm listening JJ. Got a better one?" I asked my boyfriend who remained silent and was forced to shake his head. "Then I'm going, and don't wait for me"

I jumped off the boat and walked along the dock which led to TannyHill, a sharp feeling in my stomach. I knew exactly what was waiting for me inside this golden mansion and even though I wasn't scared, it wasn't safe and part of me knew it. Even if I didn't see Rafe, which was honestly the best scenario, Ward, aka a murderer, would for sure be there. What if he saw me? What if he asked me what I was doing here? I couldn't just come up with a lie good enough to cover my situation up.

(...)

Outer Banks, TannyHill
July 20th, 2020
10:58pm

I walked upstairs soundlessly, hearing voices coming from the first floor, but unsure who they belonged to. I was slightly scared, when I realised that I had willingly stepped inside the house of a murderer, but Ward wasn't going to hurt me, deep down I knew it. I was familiar with this house just as much as I was with mine and I knew where not to step or where to go in case I needed to hide. I heard noises coming from behind me and when I turned around, discovering Rose Cameron, I tried so hard to open the bathroom's door and hide inside of it but it was locked, as if someone was inside already.