Chapter 19

(Logan's POV) 

I wake up to my alarm clock. It's 5:00 am. I shut it off and stretch. I'm in Louise's house. I remembered that we were going on the trip to England. I tiptoe into Louise's room to see her just waking up as well. 

She yawns, " What do you want, Logan?" I say, " We're going to England," in a happy, excited, but whispering voice. Louise stands up, grabbing her suitcase and bringing it into the living room. I say, " Are your parents up yet?" 

Louise replies, " No, but I can wake them up. After all, we have to get ready to go to the airport." Louise tiptoes into her parents' bedroom, and shortly after she leaves my sight, I hear a scream of Mr. Belcher saying, " Louise!" I hear Louise say, " C'mon, you gotta get up! We're going to England!" Louise and her parents walk out of the bedroom.

I have so much planned for Louise.

(Louise's POV)

I wake up my parents. Dad screams, " Louise!" I reply, " C'mon, you gotta get up! We're going to England!" We walk out. I see Gene walking into the kitchen to get into his 5:00 am steak stash. " Gene," I yell, " We gotta get ready! You're gonna have to take that steak to go." 

Gene runs over with his plastic container of steak. He rushes to grab his bags. Tina follows in with all the racket waking her up. She says, " Hi, Louise. I've got my bags... and - AHH!" Gene runs into Tina in a rush. Gene says, " Sorry, T." Tina says, " It's okay." We all quickly change our clothes and go to the car. Dad grabs all of our bags and stuffs them into the trunk.

Dad starts the engine, we all get into the car, just barely fitting, and we drive off to the airport. 

(Tina's POV)

Louise is having to sit a bit on top of Logan. I think it's weird that Logan and Louise are dating. They've been enemies since they've met, and Louise couldn't possibly have forgiven Logan for stealing her bunny ears. At least not already.

Louise keeps telling me about this Amanda girl and her backstory and about how she's the eldest Pesto, but I think she's trying to mess with me. What kind of father would be, like Louise described, the type of person who couldn't care less about their daughter's wellbeing and lock them up in a kitchen just as your slave? I know my dad hates Jimmy Pesto, but he doesn't seem like he'd do that sort of thing.

Just as I'm thinking about "Amanda", Louise says, " Have you guys heard of Amanda Pesto?" Logan says, " Oh, yeah, I... met her. She did something terrible to my family." 

Mom says, " Who's Amanda Pesto?" Louise replies, " I'm glad you asked. She's 15, and she's the only daughter and eldest Pesto. When her mom and dad weren't divorced, they learned that Amanda was mentally ill, and Jimmy wasn't the popular restaurant back then, so he said they couldn't afford therapy for Amanda, but her mother disagreed. Jimmy divorced with his wife and didn't leave her any money, so she wasn't able to take Amanda with her. Once she's in first grade, Jimmy took her out of school and made her his grill cook as a punishment for her mental illness. She's been locked up in the kitchen sleeping down there ever since."

Mom begins to cry, but Dad says, " Yes! I knew Jimmy was no good!" Louise continues, " Oh, yeah, and the only time Amanda had a boyfriend, Logan, one time, her dad saw Logan as himself, but didn't admit that he was a bad man himself, forced Amanda to take Logan's family hostage. Jimmy threatened Logan with killing his parents or breaking up with Amanda, so Logan was forced to break up with her." Dad says, " Shouldn't Jimmy have been brought to court, or better, jail?" 

Louise said, " Jimmy wasn't caught in the act." We arrive at the airport, and Dad says, " We're here. Amazing stories, Louise."