Chapter 30

I know I haven't posted for this in a while, so this is my pride month gift to you guys ❤️🏳️‍🌈

(Bob's POV)

I was confused when Jimmy Pesto said that he wanted Jimmy Jr. to get married to Tina. Why did he want that? Why? They're 14 years old, for God's sake.

Louise came up to me and tugged my arm. I knew she wanted to say something. I said, " What do you want, Louise?" Louise replied, " I thought of a plan to rig the marriage. Jimmy didn't mention that Tina and Jimmy Jr. couldn't get divorced. So, they'll get divorced right after the marriage."

I replied, " Louise, that requires a lot of complicated paperwork. Jimmy might have to be involved in that. Are you sure that's gonna work?" Louise looked at me with a serious look. I knew that she meant to say, " Well, it's at least worth a try."

(Logan's POV)

If there's one word anyone can say to describe Louise - even if they barely know her - is "quick-witted." She says the first thought that comes in her mind and treats it like a masterpiece, and nobody can even ask to touch it without Louise growling at them.

And, unfortunately, that means some of her ideas are unorthodox - like the divorce plan. The worst thing is that she won't change her mind, even if the truth is put into her hands. But she won't give into the dark magic of the truth. She will instead hold the crystal in her hands and pretend like it's not there.

But that doesn't mean all of her ideas are bad ideas. She solved a murder mystery a year back. But this divorce plan just didn't hit the mark. As Mr. Belcher said, it takes a lot of complicated paperwork that Jimmy Pesto might have to be involved in.

When I dated Amanda, I honestly thought Jimmy Pesto was a normal dad. I soon learned that, no, that's not true. 

(Flashback to when Logan dated Amanda)

Amanda would always say that she was too busy for plans to go out somewhere besides Wonder Wharf, and I was confused. So, I went to Jimmy Pesto's restaurant and noticed Amanda at the grill in the back.

I asked Jimmy, " Hey, when's Amanda going to be done working on the grill?" He replied, " Oh, yes. Why, hello, Logan. Do you know the saying - 'Do the crime, do the time'? Well, Amanda's still doing her time! She's gonna be doing it until she's a pile of bones in a graveyard!"

Everyone in the restaurant stared at us in a mix of awe, shock, anger, and disapproval. One by one, the customers left in whispers. Some hadn't even paid for their food yet, but they didn't want to pay a bad man.

Jimmy looked at me with a furious look. He said, yelling louder each second, " What have you done to my business?! Amanda is off limits from you, you disgusting thief!" Silence. Amanda tiptoed into the room with her apron on. She said, " Dad, don't do this."

He snapped, " Quiet, Amanda! You don't get a say in this because your mind is messed up!" This was clearly at least a few violations here being broken. I pulled out my phone and pressed the digits 9-1-1. Before I could press the call button though, Jimmy snatched it away. It was one of those cheap flip phones, because I only use my other phone in my house so it doesn't break. Plus, I only ever really need to text or call while I'm out.

I could see everything happen in slow motion. Jimmy snatching my phone, dropping it on the hard, concrete floor, and stomping on it. Amanda's ear piercing scream of shock still radiates through the memory. Jimmy cackled, " No phone-phone, no po-po." I noticed Mom walking on the street, so I opened the door and told her that Jimmy had smashed my flip phone.

She ran in, fire tracks behind her. She slapped Jimmy Pesto and yelled that he was a bad person. Jimmy yelled back, " You don't know how to parent!" Mom was ready to drag me out, but Jimmy put bags over our heads. We were dragged down the stairs and into a cold, dark basement.

The bag was soon pulled over my head. I was tied to Mom, and Amanda held a gun at us. Mom yelled, " You'll get arrested because we'll call the police!" Jimmy replied, " Your hands are tied." He turned to Amanda and said, " Do it." Amanda's eyes filled with tears.

She replied, " No, Dad! I can't keep letting you off the hook!" Jimmy gasped. He yelled, " You can't say that to your own father!" I reply, " She can!" Jimmy snatched the gun and said, "Fine. If you won't do it, I'll do it myself." Like the perfect timing in a movie, Mr. Belcher ran in from across the street, mostly to yell at Jimmy rather than save us. 

He was angry and hysterical, so he snapped a picture on his phone and posted it on FaceBook. The caption was, "Look at this restaurant owner lol".  Mr. Belcher untied us. My mom said, "You're not allowed near the Pestos. C'mon, let's go."