Chapter 31

(Louise's POV)

Every time I look in the mirror, I see pure sadism through my fiery eyes. I see the torture I have caused to many souls, variety of ages. I see the torture I have caused to Jimmy Pesto (but who even cares), to Tina, to Jenny (Gene), and even to people I don't know that well.

I don't understand; Jimmy Pesto isn't Darth Vader or Voldemort. He doesn't have any magical powers or the force, but he still manages to strike terror on people's lives. Take Amanda for example: just because Amanda has mental issues, he neglects her and forces her to work all day, leaving her unable to do anything for herself. And the worst part? She doesn't get a single penny.

I understand that I've done evil, but I know that Jimmy has done far worse. He has ruined two lives, his ex wife and his daughter's. I haven't heard much about Ms. Pesto, but from what I hear, she's very poor and can't afford an apartment, so she camps out in the woods in a tent.

We're on the first flight back to Seymour's Bay since, as Dad puts it, "we can't risk another attempted murder while we're in a different town from our lawyer," and he's right. If Jimmy Pesto is making everyone's lives a living nightmare, why not just kill him? Well, that would make us no better than he is. Plus, the Pesto kids would have nowhere to go but to their mom.

When we're back home, Dad tells me that I have to go back to school now. I'm just glad that I'll have a space to be away from all of the Jimmy Pesto chaos. On Monday, I've never been so relieved to be back at school. I realize that everyone is clearing a pathway for someone, and everyone is whispering. "Did you hear that she murdered a kid at her last school?" "I thought she killed two kids." "She didn't kill anybody." "She dumped piranhas in the pool and some kid got really injured."

Whoever this new kid is, she sounds super cool. I know I was talking about me doing evil before, but piranhas? In a pool? That sounds epic. Suddenly, I hear the clacking of high heels on the hard, marble floors. I catch a glimpse of her. She's wearing all black and white, her skin is very pale, she has black high heels, and her black hair is in two braids.

She sees me and looks like she's ready to faint. I say, "Are you okay?" She replies, "Yes, I'm fine. I'm just allergic to... color." I look at my bunny ears compared to the rest of my generally black and white outfit and snatch them off of my head to hide them behind my back.

She replies, "Oh, I'm Wednesday. Wednesday Addams." I reply, "Louise. Louise Belcher. Were you born on a Wednesday or something?" She hesitates, "No, I was born on a Friday the 13th. My... mom named me from her favorite nursery rhyme... 'Wednesday's child is full of woe.'" I say, "Well, it's nice to meet you." She says bye and rushes down the hall to class. 

(Wednesday's POV)

I've been transferred to a new school, and of course, all of the other students already know the gossip about the piranhas-in-the-pool incident. I don't get the big deal. I was protecting my brother, and I get expelled. Ridiculous.

(Time skip to after school and back at the Belchers' apartment)

(Tina's POV)

Even looking at Jimmy Jr. now gives me bad vibes. I have three very good reasons why this wedding is a bad idea:

1. We're only 14 years old

2. Jimmy Jr. is gay

3. I don't even like Jimmy Jr. anymore; I like Logan

It's dinner time and my dad is on the phone with Jimmy Pesto. Dad says, "Okay, awesome! I'll tell Tina and them. (pause) Bye." Dad looks at me and says, "Okay, here's... some news." The wedding will be next week at 5pm - after school."

Hearing those words makes my heart shatter to a million pieces. I begin to groan. Mom puts a hand on my shoulder and says in a worried voice, "Tina, what's wrong?" I'm not about to confess that I have a crush on Logan in front of Louise, so I say, "Everything's great. Everything's just great!" I stand up and storm off to my room.

I'm laying on my bed, face down, hyperventilating when Jenny comes in to check on me, closing the door behind her, so I know I can talk. Jenny asks, "What happened back there?" I sit up. I'm speechless for a moment, then I yell, "This whole wedding plan is a big cluster-fart!" 

Jenny sits on the bed with me and says, "Grr... humans are stupid. Putting two people together when they don't want to be together..." I continue, "It's not just that. I have a crush on Logan but Logan and Louise are together... but I have a plan to get out of the wedding."

Jenny, intrigued, asks, "What is it?" I reply, "Instead of saying 'I do,' I'll say 'I don't.'" Jenny exclaimed, "Wow! What a great idea." "Well, I don't know how I'm going to tell Louise that I like Logan..." "IF you're going to tell Louise that you like Logan. She's all over him. Back in England, I woke up to them kissing on the floor without shirts on."

"It's worse than I thought. There's a six year age difference!" "I think that's fine when you're, like, 30." "I know. But and elementary schooler and a high schooler? Now that's just wrong. With me and Logan, it's only a two year difference."

I just noticed Louise watching us through a crack in the door. Jenny is quick to enter the hall with Louise and close the door behind them, and I overhear what they're saying. Jenny whispers, "How much did you hear?" Louise replies, "Just enough to know that Tina's trying to steal my boyfriend."

Jenny insists, "It's not what it looks like." Louise replies, "Really? That's all you got?" Jenny whispers, "Listen, this is a critical time for Tina. Don't go yelling at her about it." Louise tries to push the door open while saying, "Oh, I'll do more than yell. By the time I'm done talking with her, her ears will be bleeding."

I recently watched the Netflix show, Wednesday, so I decided to include her in this book.