Chapter Twenty- Five

KEATON ADLER

I'm a psychiatrist. I have literally been trained to push my emotions down at the wellbeing of others, but here I was, heart racing as I stared at the brown door in front of me. 35 years old and out of my mind nervous to go on a date with the woman of my dreams. 

I contemplated turning back around and going home, but lately I've been question the concept of a home, where one is supposed to feel most comfortable. And I guess if I was to follow that concept well then...I was already home. 

I began judging everything about myself. The clothes I was wearing. Are they too formal? The cologne I was wearing. I only own one but was it the right smell for this occasion? The wine in my hand. Was it date night wine or girls night in wine? The flowers in my hand. Were tulips alright? The punnet of strawberries I've had in my fridge since the moment Ffion told me it was the only thing she wanted me to bring for our date. The fact I should be planning the date because I asked didn't matter, Ffion had a passion for planning and decided she'd so kindly take the reins for tonight. 

I didn't know what we were doing but deep down a part of me hoped we wouldn't have to leave Ffion's apartment. I sucked it up and brought my knuckles to Ffion's apartment door, tapping against the wood before taking a step back and waiting. A couple moments later the door swung open. 

"Fuck" Slipped out of my mouth almost instantly, Ffion's cheeks burning as she took a step back, swinging the door open wide. Heat instantly travelled down into my dick at the sight of Ffion and the dress that didn't compliment her, because she complimented it. Black and long, the chest part of it drooped, perfectly showing off Ffion's breasts that were begging to be sucked on. Her dark hair was thrown up into a loose bun, a strand having fallen out and now stuck to her lip. 

I took a step forward, placing everything in my hands on the table beside the front door, before stopping in front of Ffion. She batted her eyelashes up at me, my heart skipping a beat at the action as I took her face in my hands, lightly grabbing the piece of hair from her lip and tucking it back behind her ear. Ffion's lips parted as she stared at my mouth. Fucking hell this woman. 

"You look very handsome" She mumbled, licking her lips as she smiled up at me. I lost myself in the stormy grey of her eyes, loving the little line beside her eyes she got from smiling too hard. God, what I would give up in a heartbeat to be the reason for those lines. 

"Thank you" I whispered back, leaning down and torturing myself by brushing my nose against hers, our lips millimetres apart but not yet touching. Oh how bad I wanted to kiss those perfect lips. I must've been too quiet for too long because Ffion poked me in the chest with her finger, getting my attention. 

"I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt grandpa because it's probably been years since you last went on a date, but usually if a woman compliments you, you compliment her back" I snorted, turning my head and pressing my nose back against Ffion's. 

"You want me to compliment you?" I asked, running my finger down a long the length of Ffion's exposed neck. Ffion's eyes darken, her lips parting more as she stared up at me, nodding. I run the pad of my thumb over Ffion's bottom lip. 

"You want me to tell you every little thought I've got locked up in my brain? No matter how sweet? No matter how dirty?" Ffion hums, closing her eyes and nodding again, pressing herself harder against me. 

"You are so god damn beautiful you belong in a museum. You'd be my favourite piece" I whisper, tracing the bridge of her nose before dragging over her jaw and down her neck. I drop my hand to her ribs, holding her as I run my thumb along the hem of the material barely covering her breasts.