Chapter Thirty Three

KEATON ADLER

Maybe I'm the one that needs a therapist. I don't like admitting it, but I know I'd hear everything I don't want to here right now. Like the fact I'm too stubborn, or that I'm an asshole, or the fact that me spending a whole fucking week not talking to my girlfriend over some silly confusion would make me childish. I knew it, doesn't mean I wanted to openly admit it.

I am an asshole, definitely for the way I treated Ffion and kicked her out, but mainly for the fact we've spent a week apart, without communication and I haven't done anything to ease her probably racing mind.

And instead of going to her apartment, or expressing my extreme worry for the fact she didn't attend a single one of this weeks sessions, I'm sitting here, pretending to be interested in the game of cards going on as I think. And on top of that Garret's been suspiciously quiet, with me, not with Spence, but just me.

Every time I look up at him his gaze hardens the second he feels my eyes on him, even if he's not looking at me. I still know it's directed at me. I don't know what the fuck I've done to piss him off, but it must be bad enough.

"5 of spades-"

"Bullshit" Garret snaps before I can finish, grabbing my card that's facing down and slamming it down on the other side of the table, not even looking to see if I am bullshitting him, and not sparing me a glance. I feel Spencer's eyes shift between me and Garret but he says nothing.

"7 of hearts" Spence mumbles, neither me or Garret calling his bluff.

"Ace of Clubs" No one says anything as Garret puts his card down. I lift my card.

"3 of-" Before I can even put it down Garret snatches it out of my hand and flicks it across the room.

"Bull fucking shit" Garret snarls, finally looking up and glaring at me. This is the fifth time he's called my bullshit before I've even finished speaking. I've fucking had it.

"What the fuck is your problem man?" I finally snap, slamming my cards down on the table.

"You're my fucking problem. You're a lot of peoples problem, man, but you're sat too comfortably on your high horse to notice" Spencer looks like a mix between uncomfortable and amused as he watches me and Garret.

"Piss off, Garret. What the fuck did I ever do to you?" I snatch his cards from his hands and slam them on top of the deck. We're talking it out right fucking now. Garret turns in his seat until his body is facing mine.

"How's Ffion going, Adler? Spoken to her lately?" The question makes my whole body tense. It feels like I'm on fire as I glare at my friend, my hands clenching into fists under the table.

"Fuck off."

"Don't bother answering the question, I know how she's been doing. I have the fucking decency to drop in and see how she's holding up. You know, panic attacks are a draining bitch" The anger drains from my body, immediately replaced with worry.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Last week. I stopped by but didn't make it very far when I saw a crying Ffion mid fucking panic attack struggling to unlock her car" My stomach churns as I stare at Garret. He's so fucking angry at me and he's not alone. I'm fucking angry at myself too.

"She was crying?" My voice is barely above a whisper.

"She wouldn't tell me what happened between you two because we're 'best friends' but I managed to get the details from Amelia. You're a fucking dumb cunt, you know what?" The word hit me raw and harsh and I know my reaction last week was shit but what Ffion implied pissed me off. Implying I was still in love with my ex when I'm nothing but completely and utterly in love with Ffion angered me. She wouldn't let me fucking speak...but then again, I kicked her out before she had the chance to explain her behaviour.