Chapter 1

"Hey dude!" The black haired boy smiled as he opened up the door for his best friend.

"Hi Stan!" The redhead waves, carrying his bag in his hands as he steps inside to the Marsh residence.

"I'm excited for our sleepover. It's been awhile since we have hung out for awhile," Stan hugs Kyle tightly before letting him go.

"I'm excited to be here too, Stan," The curly haired boy giggles as he looks towards his best friend. "What do you want to do?"

"Um... Why don't we start out with a fun board game?" Stan takes Kyle's hand and runs upstairs with him, unable to contain his smile.

"Hi sweetheart!" Sharon, (Stan's mother) waves to Kyle with a sweet smile on her face. "I'm glad to see you again! Stanley has been really lonely without you, you know? He'd tell me just about every day how much he missed you!" She ruffles her son's hair affectionately.

"Mom, stop! You're embarrassing me," Stan admits, shifting his sapphire eyes away.

"Hehehe...," Kyle laughs softly, finding Stan to be very cute in those moments.

"Alright. Have fun, boys! Call me if you need anything," She waves goodbye to the two before walking downstairs.

Kyle and Stan sit down on Stan's bed, many droplets of rain smacking hard against the window.

"Damn, dude... It's really coming down!" The black haired boy states with a surprised look in his eyes.

"Yeah... It's pretty bad," Kyle frowns, sliding off of Stan's bed. "I might have to go home, Stan! I don't know if Ike would be okay by himself in this kind of thunderstorm," Kyle starts heading towards Stan's door, twisting the handle and exits.

"Kyle, wait!" Stan quickly gets up and hugs Kyle tightly before he starts heading off. "Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself out there?" He questions with a frown.

"I'll be okay, dude," The curly haired boy nods his head before waving to Stan, heading out the front door.

"Well... There goes my night," The black haired boy huffs, staring at the gameboard on his bed that he now has to play alone.

Stan didn't remain in disappointment for very long, as a loud crash was heard outside.

His heart about jumped up to his throat, and he quickly ran downstairs and opened the front door.

"Kyle...?!" Stan asked with a shocked look in his eyes.

In front of him was a large semi-truck with blood splattered in front of it.

"No... No...!" He feels tears up well up in his eyes, his stomach starting to twist and turn as he began to feel sick. Stan vomited in his front yard, then got up shakily and was unable to look away from the awful sight.

The blue eyed boy raced up to his room before he jumped onto his bed, lying down on his stomach. He sobbed into his pillow, believing that his best friend was just hit by a truck and killed. With the amount of blood that was present, there was no way that anyone could survive that.

There wasn't exactly proof that it was Kyle who had gotten hit, but Stan felt that in his heart, it was. That was until...

"Hi Stan!" The redhead's voice is heard as well as Stan's bedroom door is opened. "Oh... Why are you crying?" He questions with a large smile on his face.

"Weren't... Weren't you just hit?" Stan sniffles, rising up from his pillow and looks to Kyle. He feels confused more than anything right now.

"Um... No?" Kyle asks with a confused look on his face.

"But you said you were going to go home, remember? Because you didn't want Ike to be by himself during the storm. And then that big ass truck out there slammed into you, and killed you!" Stan exclaimed with a worried look in his eyes.

Kyle stands there completely still for a moment. His smile escalates in less than a second before turning to a frown. "Oh... That wasn't me, Stan. But I saw the crash and did not want to end up the same way as that poor person," He tilts his head to the side. "Did you want me to die, Stan?" He asks, as if trying to guilt trip the black haired boy.

Stan is bewildered at the sight. It shouldn't be in human blood to have a smile fade that quickly, then go back. He could not believe what he was saying. "No, of course I didn't want you to die, Kyle! But I won't be upset if you want to go home. We can drive you back home if you want," Stan suggests.

"Hm... I appreciate the offer, but no. I would like to stay here now," He gives a small smile, sitting down on Stan's bed and looks him in the eyes.

"Um... Okay?" The black haired boy finds the situation all just a bit weird, but it phases him not enough to not hang out with Kyle.

"I love you, Stan. Thank you for having me over," The redhead coos, bringing Stan into a tight hug.

"Um... I love you too, dude," Stan begins to feel even more confused now. Close as they were, the two did not say that they loved each other out of the blue like that. He pulls away and looks at Kyle with a confused expression.

"...Stan. What is it? You're acting off today," Kyle frowns deeply, pulling Stan into yet another close hug.

"I... I don't know," Stan shakes his head. He's acting like he doesn't know that the curly haired boy isn't acting like himself, but he doesn't want to bring it up in case Kyle has gone through something recently. He just sits there across from him, and gets another look at Kyle's expression. 

"I... I-Stan, ah...," He begins to twitch a little and cannot seem to find the words to say. "S-Stan, Stan...!" He says with a panicked look in his emerald eyes.

"...What the hell, dude? What's going on?!" Stan stands back with a risen heartbeat, his eyes shaking in shock.