Chapter 12

Stan mourned at Kyle's grave for quite a long time, and many tears were shed within that time. He wished that he would at least have had one last hour to say his goodbyes to his old super best friend.

But now... He was stuck with an alternate who had taken over Kyle's body. Stan sighed, his eyes dropping.

"...What's wrong, Stan?" The curly haired boy questioned with a frown.

"I... I am not completely sure. This is just a lot for me to comprehend, I suppose...," He frowns as well, taking in a deep breath before exhaling out.

"...I understand. Come on, Stan," The alternate grabs hold of the black haired boy's wrist.

But Stan does not listen. He sits there at Kyle's grave, his eyes glued onto the two toned flowers.

A honeybee, fluffy and sweet, landed gently onto an orange flower. It crawled over the flower for a few moments, humming softly as it did so. It looked so cute and harmless, as if it could never hurt a thing in the world.

On the flower across from it landed a large yellow jacket wasp, its hard landing tearing through the flower. It looked full of violence, even frightening Stan a bit.

His eyes widened as he looked at the two insects on the flowers. The wasp turned its head towards the honeybee, and the bee didn't seem to notice at all.

Stan gasped as he looked at the scene, cringing. He knew that the wasp was going to attack, and maybe even eat the bee.

In a worried panic, Stan quickly grabbed the bee gently, scooping it up in his hands.

It didn't sting Stan. 

It instead looked at him with big, shing eyes as if thanking him.

It took off of Stan's hands and began flapping its wings quickly, flying away up into the sky.

Stan frowned as the honeybee left, feeling as if he didn't have enough time with it. He then turned his eyes back to Kyle's grave, and the wasp that remained on his orange flower. Stan sighed, taking notice of its ruthless violence.

He then gasped, his eyes widening and his jaw about dropping to the floor.

"...Stan? What is it? You seemed to be very lost in your head a moment ago," The alternate turned his eyes to meet with Stan's.

"It's... It's nothing. I just want to go home. Come on, just walk home with me," Stan takes hold of the creature's hand in his own, thinking about what he just saw at Kyle's grave.

The walk home was one full of silence. Stan had a lot to think about as he dragged the creature along with him to his house, stepping inside with him.

He looked to his eyes, reminiscent of what Kyle's had once looked like. But they were different.

The same, but different...

His eyes widened as he thought of what he saw earlier today.

It was just like the honeybee and the wasp. They are the same, but different. The honeybee was adorable and harmless, putting its trust within Stan once he had grabbed it away from the wasp. Stan felt a pain in his heart once it had flown away from him, knowing that he would never see the honeybee again.

He was left with the wasp. Something violent that only exists for bad intentions. It mimics the bees' colors, yellow and black stripes.

Once the honeybee stings, it loses its stinger (which takes some of its vital organs) and dies.

The wasp could sting over and over again without experiencing death.

Stan's eyes locked with the alternate's.

His kiss stings like acid rain, dissolving away Stan's sense of restraint. His skin is pale, his lips so inviting. Red hair as short as his fuse.

EYX has been damaged and misused. His eyes reflect like rain on the pavement. Stan is the tremble in his voice when he attempts to speak.

His body shakes. His breath is cold.

To keep Stan safe is all that he knows...

His love for EYX has concealed the violence.

The redhead grabs hold of Stan's hands and looks him directly in the eyes.

It all came to Stan now.

He had been stung by the wasp.

"Kyle, I... I, um... I have to go," Stan drops his hands, and leaves him to himself.

"Oh... Okay. I will wait for you," The alternate frowns as he takes a seat on Stan's bed, crossing his legs.

Stan took in a heavy swallow as he retreated to the bathroom, holding each side of the sink as he gazed at himself in the mirror. His pupils were shaky, his skin was pale, and he looked horrified.

"It's criminal how I crave his love for me...," He whispered quietly, taking in a few deep breaths.

He inhales and exhales heavily, sliding his back down the bathroom wall.

Stan turns his head to the side, thinking of everything that he had told the alternate.

It was too late to take his love back for him. EYX looked so lost, but felt like home to Stan. Stan felt as if he did not want to love him anymore, but his heart was gravitating him towards the alternate.

Stan broke out into a heavy sweat, fear consuming his entire body.

It came to him that EYX could kill Stan at any given moment that he wished. Had he been tricking Stan this entire time, or were his feelings true?

The black haired boy could not answer this. He felt as if he was in a dilemma, conflicted of what to do. The venom from his sting had spread throughout all of Stan's body, and he knew not if he was delusional or if his feelings were true. Stan reached into his pocket, pulling out his pocket knife.

He stared at it with a lost look in his eyes, his pupils shaking.

It was a choice between choosing the honeybee, or the wasp.

Who is doing the wrong here?

Stan, who is debating killing the alternate?

Or the alternate, whose foolish heart has fallen in love with a human?

This question is only one that you, the viewer, could answer.