Chapter 21

Fatal Error had Stan cornered.

The black haired boy felt as if he truly were nothing but a mortal, staring up at the four armed creature while he proudly smirked at what he had caught.

It didn't help that Xeno (who had faked being Craig) seemed to be taking over the world as well. The skies were now painted a nasty orange from the smoke and fires, and as Stan heard the screams of horror surround him, he gripped onto his jacket and looked out to the hills placed in front of him.

"This is it," He thought to himself. "This is how I die," He said nothing more before he plopped himself down on the harsh, sharp blades of dried grass below him. 

Fatal Error's smirk immediately turned into a frown.

"Why are you not crying, or screaming? Shouldn't you be upset? You are going to die here!" He called down to Stan. His voice was an interesting one. One that pierced the ears and sounded very ethereal.

"Well... I'm not upset, Fatal," Stan shook his head while a small smile came across his face.

"...And why is that?" The taller creature asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"I've done everything I can as a mortal. To be honest, I think it's kind of cool. I've lived a life that not many mortals can say they have. Over the past few months, I've really grown as a person," He began to explain, sighing as he watched the fires engulf more and more of his towns. The sickening smell of smoke and burnt houses filled his lungs and churned his stomach, but he knew that there was nothing more that he could do. "...That entire night had changed my life. The day my best friend died, I thought I was cursed at first. Cursed to be met with a creature so tall and horrifying, with one large eye that stared into my very soul," He thought back on the memories before he closed his eyes. "...Really, it was quite the opposite. I didn't know that such a species had existed. Nor did I know that they met well. All EYX was trying to do was help my grieving process by posing as Kyle, my super best friend," A few tears flow down the black haired man's cheeks. "Though many in the world hated him, I don't. I don't think I ever will. I love him, and I know that to be true. He loves me, as well. We've really bonded together and that's something that I think is special. Something I think is really cool, actually. I befriended an ethereal being," He smiles up to Fatal Error. "And that's the last of what I can do. Because you have all decided to destroy our world, I realize there is nothing more that I can do as a mortal. So I am sorry if I took something from you without knowing. I accept that I am going to die here. And well... I have someone waiting for me on the other side," He added lastly, staring up to the sky above.

Fatal Error then looked conflicted. His expression dropped, and he felt the evilness leave his body. He instead took a seat beside Stan, and stared out to the burning villages next to him.

"You know... I respect it. You are not afraid of death. Because of that, you are what a lot of us fear most. The bravest soul that will never show an ounce of fear," Error smiled down to Stan. "I'm sorry that I was disrespectful to you. All you did was make EYX happy. Something that I had failed to do," He closed his eyes, and sighed. "I will spare your life for now, Stan Marsh. However, I fear that the end is drawing near. Not just for you, but for me as well. There are more powerful beings in the world than me. While I cannot save you, I will grant you something pretty special," He offered with a soft smile.

"Huh, what could that possibly be?" Stan felt a wave of shock come over him. No way did he befriend a creature that wanted to kill him this quickly. Yet, he felt accomplished as a soft smirk came across his face.

"I will only do it if you wish for me to. As you know, my name is Fatal Error because I was born a defect. But with the power of being a defect, makes me a visible glitch of reality...," Error closed his eyes. "I can make code of the real world. Meaning, I can copy your soul and send it into other dimensions. You won't be aware that it's you, but... I'd like to keep your spirit alive, if you wish for me to," He offered to the black haired boy.

"...," Stan thought on the question long and hard. He slowly nodded his head before agreeing. "Well... That sounds great to me. Thank you," He nodded with a smile before he was interrupted.

What came running to his side was no other than his alien lover, who stood beside him with his claw-like hands dragging through the dirt.

"Release him!" He growled.

Error's eyes had widened.

"No! It's not what it seems, EYX!" He shook his head.

EYX didn't believe any of it. He turned his head down towards Stan where he looked for answers.

"He's fine, EYX! He isn't out to harm me anymore!" He shook his head.

"He's not out to harm you anymore...?" .ERR questioned, tilting his head.

"No! We made a deal and... Really, we are okay now," He nodded.

The world around them was continuing to burn in flames. While most of the creatures were immune, the humans sure were not. The human race was dying out about a thousand times quicker than it would in an apocalypse.

"Oh... It's just so sweet," A deep voice chuckled as he approached them closer. It was none other than the king of their planet. He was taller than them all, and had a wide smirk on his face. "Now... Answer me this... Are you ready to die?!" He laughed.

Stan felt a wave of fear come over him, biting his lower lip. He didn't want to die, but knew that his time was inching nearer and nearer every day.

"No!" Both Eye and Error said, in unison.

The two of them had tried to defend Stan from Xeno, yet failed. EYX was left with a gaping wound in his stomach, and Error had lost two of his arms.

EYX was immortal in this world, yet it almost hurt him more. He would have to watch those who he really loved die out eventually... And that included Stan.

Stan was murdered by Xeno as he had been stabbed through the stomach. The two couldn't save him.

EYX cried and mourned him, holding his body tightly to his own as his tears fell down onto him. 

Stan died feeling peaceful. He knew his time had to come eventually, and even though he was only in his 20's, he felt okay with the outcome.

Error and EYX couldn't stop Xeno. They could only accept that this was the world they lived in, and for it would change drastically from this point on...

The two of them, though no longer romantic, found a place in their hearts to make up and forgive each other for the past. The human race eventually died out completely, the world surrounded only with the new species who had invaded it.

And well, what happened to Stan and Kyle, you ask? Thanks to Error, Their souls split into many dimensions. Here's a  list.

Kyley- A Jerseyite with a rowdy spirit and a good sense of humor.

Raven- A goth who struggled to find his place in the world, but eventually did through Kyley.

Amethyst- A beautiful vampire who lived for many years.

Raggedy Stan- A doll with the softest heart of them all. He faced a tragic ending.

Chris- A mysterious mortician who used to go by Stan Marsh, but changed his name. He found out that death will never do any form of true love part.

Ghoul- An undead model who had fallen in love with his mortician.

Ky- A scene boy with energy that remains unmatched. He's bright and has no worries in the world.

Sinister- An emo rock singer with one of the most beautiful voices the world has ever known.

EYX eventually made his way back to that hill alongside Error. Right there, they sat together and held each other tight.

"I'm sorry you lost so much," Error spoke softly to EYX.

"As did you. I apologize," He frowned.

"So... How did you meet anyway?" Error questioned.

"Well... It's quite the story," He felt his one eye water before he told the tale of Stan Marsh.