Chapter 17

"...Where did you find him, and why were you out?" Stan questioned, folding his arms as he looked back worh a worried expression on his face.

"I found him in front of the forest. I sensed King X's presence and came across a blonde boy with a missing eye. He looked as if he had been going through the upmost amount of pain," 'Kyle' frowns, sitting on the couch beside the black haired boy. "I found the young boy in front of the forest. I believe that he was young and lost, or his parents have passed away. He was all alone," The redhead explains, feeling his heart ache a bit. "It was a common occurrence for my species to get separated from their parents as babies. It always hurt my heart to see it, and I would try to raise them myself. I was not familiar with parenthood, which made the task difficult...," He closes his eyes, thinking on it.

"...So you had children of your own at one point?" The black haired boy questions, sighing as he looks towards the redhead.

"In a way. But it was difficult to raise them," His eyes narrow a bit, and he crosses his arms. "I had fallen in love once before. With someone who was not of my species, either. I didn't really know what he was, but he was kind to me at first. We identified him as Fatal Error, because we believe he may have been one of us... But something awful occurred when he was coming to existence, and now he looks the way that he does. Well, at least from the last time I saw him," He puts a hand to his chin, thinking.

"...Fatal Error?" Stan questions, having never heard anything of this man before.

"...Yes. He is about 7 feet tall, and has four arms. He was different from the rest of us because he was bright red. His voice was quite unique, I remember. But it could be difficult to understand at times," He explains to Stan.

"...You really fell in love with him? Why?" Stan frowns deeply, feeling a little bit jealous. He hoped that Wasp still did not hold the feelings for his ex that he now has for Stan.

"Well, I liked him because he was different from the rest. He stood out, and was kind to me. We got along well. We even tried taking in some of the lost children, but it was too late for them to be helped. They had grown too weak without their parents' guidance and passed away. It hurt my heart each time, cause I would grow attached to them," Wasp frowns deeply, thinking on it. It really did hurt his heart to think about how he lost them.

"...Why did you two go your separate ways?" The black haired boy questions, feeling curious.

"He was very violent. Not to me, but to the others. He could kill very quickly, and almost freeze time in a way. The world around us would not allow for any of us to move, and then he would play with our vision. It was as if a ton of random messages popped up in our eyes, and we were forced to look at them. Somebody tried to reach out to one of these...," He thinks for a moment, struggling to find the right word. "...Messages, then they would instantly die. It wasn't fair to me. We often got into arguments about this. He was a mutation of my kind. A sub species of what I am. It became powerful, and eventually formed into what he is," The alternate snuggles up close to Stan.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that, Wasp," Stan runs his hand throughout the redhead's curls, bringing him in close. "I'll treat you much better than that, I promise," He nods his head with a smile, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"You make me blush...," The alternate's face flushes a bit, pushing a piece of hair behind his ear.

"I think that we were made for each other, don't you? We were brought together so out of nowhere... I think that fate wanted us to be like this. Don't you think so, Wasp?" Stan smiles sweetly, rubbing the alternate's back softly.

"Yes... I believe that fate in fact did want us together. Unlike my ex...," His eyes narrow, and he looks a bit upset. "His name was Error. He did not have an X in his name because he was not the same species as us. The reason I tell you this is because I fear he has come to earth as well. If he and our king team up together, the world will soon be devoid of all humanity," The curly haired boy rises up from the couch, taking Stan's hand into his own. He leads him to the television, pressing the button that would make it turn on.

The screen glowed a bright blue, the only light noticeable within the room. Everything else was pitched black.

"...City has been completely wiped out. Scientists are unable to predict what could have cause this type of damage. They say the marks left behind are those similar of what had killed the men in the forest from those couple of months back. We fear that the world may come to an end. Stay inside as much as possible, goodnight," And with that, the news report for the night had finished. The television had turned off. Everything faded to black.

"Wow... This is a lot to take in," Stan grimaces with a panicked tone to his voice. "If he has already wiped out that many cities, there's no doubt in my mind that he could effortlessly kill more and more of them," He rises up from the couch.

"Yes... It is the most upsetting and cruel news I have heard in awhile," Wasp nods his head slowly.

"Well... That boy that you rescued was Kyle's little brother. Act like you know him. I'm going to watch over him, now...," Stan leaves the room, and Wasp is left alone.

The TV begins to static.

Wasp turns his head to it. It flashes bright red on and off, slowly spelling out words.

W̷̢̛͈̭̤̘̃̾̇̈́̓̊̈́̌h̶̯̜͐̅̚ā̷̢̜͎͚̜̉̒̀̇̐̚̕͝t̵͖̻͍̗͈̜͇͍͚̩͆͌͑͊̿̀͝ ̶̨̠̟͎͖͎͕͚̝̋̈́̋͠͝ͅa̸̯̪͑͑͌̏̉͆͠ͅȓ̴̢̡̢̦͕̻͈͖̝̮e̸̳̲̮̻͉̟̰̔͒͗̈́͐̚ ̴̭̺̭̝̗͚̐̀́̊̔̈́y̴̯͔͔͐ơ̴̼̙͇̲̐͐̆̈͋̓͝ǘ̶͔̌̆͘͝ ̷̟̼̫̻̻̍d̶̨̹̯̅̏̄̎͒̄̚ͅo̵̮̘͕̘͛̐̑́̽̽̂̐͠i̵͇̪̞͓̝̗͙̥̫̐̈́̐͗̉͠ṇ̸̰̺̭̀͒͑͑͒͠g̷͓̬͕̣̦͋͂̓̒͝ ̸̧͕̥͚̹̮͈̦͂͒̓̑̀̆̌̈́̇ĥ̵̗̠̲̜͈͇̟̞̖̀͆͛̚ͅe̸̢̧̡̛̟̪̥̳̭̮̐̽͒̉͋̍͌̈́̋͜r̵̢̗̦͔͎͈̘̬͕̓͒̔͘͝ͅè̶̢̨͎̟͐͐̕?̸̙̮͍̩̦͚̮̦́̾͗̃̂́̋̕͝ ̸̧̦̗͋̓̏́͛̾͒́͘͝Ÿ̴̧̯́̽̔̓͒̋̽̽ǫ̷̳͚͈͇̗̩̎͑̀̈́̒̍ư̷̧͔̑̈́͐̋'̸͓̖̜̘̞̈ŗ̸̖͖͕́̈́̈́̂̈́̌͜͠͝ͅé̵̻̣̘̤͇͚̪̭̜͎̽́͌͊̾̑͂ ̵̡̢̠̠̲̹̗̈̎͛̐̇̎̿́̃n̴̗̣̣̉o̸̩̽̒̃̆t̸̜̀́̒ ̴̧̡̧̛̭̫̯͙͕̓̎̓͒́͌͠͠s̵̜͔͎͊͐͋̀͘u̸̺͇͇̔̐͆̿̇̅̕p̶̢̗͗̆p̶͙̏́̇ǫ̸̡̥͚̟̗̦̊̍ṡ̸̺̝͒̒͑͋͒̒̀̍͜͝e̷͓͖͌̇̎̿̿̓͗d̵͇̳́́̒ ̷͕͎͔͋͒̈́̏̈͒̀̚͜͠͠t̸̰̲̩̱̤̪̭͍̲̉̽̿̕ǫ̸̻̙̹̦̺̻̦͋ ̷̢̩̙̫͔̹͂̈̈́́̕̕b̴̨͙̰̥͚͔͈͎̿̈̈́̉̾́̀̓̕ͅe̶̲̘̰̫̝͎̺̬̦͒̔͝ ̵̳̩̙͍͓̣̘̗̖̤͑̈́̇̊̂͝h̶͙͋͆̇̆̑̽̕͝ę̵̢̡̜͓͇̻̺̑͊͑̐̒̇̂̚͝ŕ̵̝̰͓̠̤̥̭͘ͅé̸̛̲̟͙͔̥̮̽̆̓̿͐.̷̢̟̩̰̫̠̰͋͌͛͝ͅ

"Error...," He speaks quietly under his breath.