Chapter 4

"Well... Kyle is sweet and caring. He is extremely smart and cute. Um...," Stan places a hand to his chin, thinking.

"...You talk to me as if I am not myself, Stan. It is hurting my feelings," The freckled boy's eyes drop. "Do you think that I lost those qualities about myself? Would you like me to change to your liking, so that I can be what you would like me to?" His eyes gleam like emeralds. A few tears are visible as they fall from his eyes and roll down his cheeks.

"No, I don't want you to change! I'm just saying that I think you have been acting a little off lately. Like... You're really formal, and you kind of follow me around everywhere. Which isn't a bad thing!" Stan shakes his head. "We just... We don't live together, Kyle. I'm kind of confused on why you aren't going home. You said that you were going home to comfort Ike the night of the storm. You went out there, and then... Came back?" The black haired boy shrugs.

"I had realized that my parents were home to comfort him. I simply thought that you needed my company more than he did," Kyle wipes a few tears from his eyes. "Stan, I would want anything else than you pushing me away. I love you," Kyle winces, as if heartbroken.

"I'm not trying to push you away!" Stan shakes his head, groaning. "All I want to know, is why the hell you have been acting a little differently! That's it!" He sounds almost angered as he steps closer to Kyle. "Like, you've just gotten a lot more mature and talking this elegant shit lately! Why?!" He folds his arms, sitting down near the pond.

"You are hurting my heart, Stan. Lately, I have felt as if my own desire, my destiny, is linked to you," Kyle sits beside Stan with a frown. "I wish to be by your side so that I can protect you from ever experiencing those horrifying night terrors again. So please... Let me stay with you," His hand brushes over Stan's.

"...," Stan doesn't say anything for a moment. He thinks about this for a few minutes before he sets his hand on top of Kyle's. "...Okay. Well, thank you for wanting to protect me," He blushes a light pink as he wraps an arm around Kyle and pulls him in close.

"Thank you, Stan. I knew that it was in your heart to forgive me. I apologize if I had upset you," Kyle gives a light smile as he rests his head against Stan's shoulder.

The sunset from above is reflecting against the water. Warm colors that bring both of the boys happiness as the sun shines down on them. A warmth is shared and the moment feels perfect, as if fate herself had assured that this would happen.

It brought Stan happiness, and even comfort. It was the most beautiful sunset he had ever laid his eyes upon and he had the sweet blessing to share it with Kyle.

"...Stan?" Kyle lifts his head from Stan's shoulders and looks him right into his eyes. They were beautiful, he thought. Much like an ocean full of sapphires.

"Yeah, Kyle?" The black haired boy questions, staring at Kyle's face. He looked very pretty like this. His face was sun-kissed with freckles, and his hair was practically glowing within the rays of the sun.

"I am very thankful to have you in my life. Someone so understanding and sweet," Kyle looked towards Stan lovingly. "Stan... If it is okay with you, may we join in an embrace again? I would like to be close to you," He smiles sweetly to Stan, an expression that can only be described as pure and true.

"...Yes," The black haired boy nods his head, extending his arms out for Kyle.

The redhead moves in close to Stan, resting himself in his warm embrace and coos softly. He begins nudging his head against his chest and seems at ease.

Stan's eyes widen, having never seen the redhead act like this before. He slowly wrapped his arms around Kyle back, resting against him as he allowed for the boy to nudge him.

The two shared this warm moment together with no words until the sun had finally set.

"It's dark out here. Come on, Stan. I will take you home," The redhead rises up from the ground, taking Stan's hand in his own and leads him back to his house.

Stan started to feel better about everything that had happened. In fact, he started to like the new way that Kyle was acting.

"Kyle, I had a really fun time with you today. Thank you for everything," He smiled, inviting Kyle into his home again.

"Of course, Stan. Why don't you go ahead and take a shower?" He smiles, allowing for the black haired boy to wash up first.

Stan protested against this for awhile until Kyle eventually convinced him, and Stan gave into it.

As the redhead waited for Stan to shower, he sat in front of his TV and pressed down on the remote to turn it on.

It was the news.

"Last night, a group of about ten men were found dead in a forest near the graveyard. Police have not yet been able to identity the cause of their deaths, but they had ruptured eardrums and were left near unrecognizable. We are still trying to piece together those who were found yesterday night, but it is difficult because the pieces seem to be scattered across the entire landscape. The team has said that what ever had killed them did not seem human, and they have not matched the wound marks be made by any type of animal. Scientists are continuing to study the bodies, and police are working on finding the evidence as to have they died. We shall keep you updated," And with that, the news was over for the night.