Chapter 7

"Stan," The creature admits a sad, high pitched wince from its throat.

"...What, faker?" The ravenette crosses his arms, turning his eyes away from who he thought was his best friend.

"I just wanted to apologize to you. I did not realize that I was doing anything wrong. Humans are not present where I live, so I am unfamiliar with the traditions that you are used to," He frowns. "My stomach causes me to feel sickened whenever I think about the first night that we met each other. The upmost regret that fills my body when I think about the fear in your eyes truly makes me cringe," He grimaces, frowning deeply. "You have taught me everything that I know about human emotion, and how to feel it. That is why I love you, Stan," The creature sniffles as his eyes cloud over with tears. He is crying true and genuine tears.

"I... I don't know how to feel right now," Stan shook his head, pulling his knees up to his chest. "I fell in love with you too, but it is because I thought that you were Kyle. My best friend, who is apparently dead...," Stan frowns deeply, his eyes meeting with the alternate's. "But... I cannot find it in my heart to hate you," He shakes his head, slowly grasping onto the alternate's hand.

"Please do not. I love you, Stan. I love you...," He whimpers, moving closer to Stan to start nuzzling his face into Stan's hair.

"...What does it mean when you do that?" The ravenette questions, gazing over to the creature.

"It is how my kind shows affection to each other," He continues to nuzzle up against Stan, resting himself against the blue eyed boy again.

"Oh... I see," Stan nods his head, slowly wrapping an arm around 'Kyle' and allows for him to rest on him.

"Stan... How do your kind show affection to each other? I would like to learn. I would like to fit in here... In this society, next to you," He gazes up to Stan, the sun starting to set once more.

It was reminiscent of the first moment they spent together by Stark's Pond. The scene played in Stan's head again, causing his heart to throb.

"Um... Well, we kiss each other," Stan answers, the beautiful sunbeams shining down onto the stream in front of them once more. It feels warm and good on his skin, much better than the frigid coldness that he had experienced earlier.

"A... Kiss?" The curly haired boy tilts his head, questioning what Stan had told him. "Please, inform me on what this is," He smiles sweetly, pulling away from Stan only to grasp onto his hands gently.

"Well... It's something you do only when you love each other," Stan can't help but to find himself smile a bit. "You lean into the other person's face, and press your lips up against theirs. It's a symbol of love, I think," He explains further to the redheaded boy.

"Oh... I see," The alternate giggles a bit. "Please, engage me in a kiss with you. I have never done anything like this before, and I would really like to," He blushes a light pink.

Stan hated to admit it to himself, but he looked cute. His hair was practically glowing within the sunbeams. His freckles were highlighted within the light, and the smile on his face was sweet and innocent.

"...Okay. I will kiss you," The black haired boy blushes before he leaned into the alternate's face and sat a hand at the side of his cheek, pressing his lips up against the redheads.

The curly haired boy hummed softly once Stan had kissed him, pressing his lips to Stan's for a few seconds before the two of them pulled away from each other.

"Thank you, Stan. I really enjoyed that with you," His eyes are a beautiful shade of emerald green. Never once had Stan seen them shine so brightly like this.

"...I enjoyed it too, um... Kyle? What do I call you?" Stan frowns deeply, remembering the sadness of his tragic loss.

"Kyle, please. It is my purpose to fulfill the use of that name. I am Kyle now," He smiles, moving closer to Stan to start nuzzling up against him again.

"Okay... Well, thank you, Kyle," Stan chuckles softly, a light blush coming to his cheeks as well.

"Hey, Stan...?" Kyle raises his head to lock eyes with the black haired boy's.

"Yes, Kyle?" Stan questions, holding him close and allows for Kyle to rest up against him.

"...Love. What do you think that it is?" He asks, wrapping his arms around Stan's waist.

"It is when you feel strong affection for someone, and want to be close to them. You think that they're the light of your life," Stan really had no idea on what he was saying. He copied it from some old movie that he watched. One that he watched with the Kyle that he used to know.

"Well, Stan... Do you think that you could possibly love me?" The redhead asks with a hopeful look in his eyes, a small pout to his lips.

Stan stayed blank for awhile, thinking on the question. The kiss that he shared tonight was the first one that he had ever engaged in that didn't result in him vomiting. It was because he felt comfortable enough to where he didn't feel sick at all from even getting close to Kyle.

"...Stan?" The alternate questions after waiting for about a minute or two. "Please, answer me. I am eager to know," He frowns.

Stan continued to think.

He gazed up to the sunset. Precious moments that he spent with the curly haired boy were times that brought him what he believed to be true happiness. He didn't kiss him for nothing, either. The alternate always caused Stan's heart to throb, anyway.

"Stan...? Please...," His eyes drop, and he looks saddened.

Stan thought on the decision that he had to make.