Chapter 11

Dew was present on the leaves and grass once Stan had stepped outside along with Kyle, the black haired boy frowning. He had a dream about his memories with the real Kyle when he was still alive, and it hurt Stan's heart a little. Stan was dressed in a white dress shirt, a black suit jacket, a black tie, black slacks, and black leather shoes. He had gotten up earlier today so that his parents wouldn't see his outfit and get suspicious.

The alternate stood beside Stan, his outfit similar, yet different. His jacket was a little longer in the back and instead of a tie, he wore a green bow that was tied neatly around his neck. He wore a pair of black shorts and long white socks instead of pants, along with black dress shoes.

"...Come on, Stan. Let us go," The redhead turns his head back to Stan, starting to walk off into the forest yet again, a place he visited frequently.

"Okay. I'm coming...," Stan said with droopy blue eyes, feeling a certain pain in his heart. He held a cloth bag in his hands, almost teary-eyed as he thought of what was inside of it.

He followed his lover, turning his head to look around the place.

It was absolutely gorgeous this morning. The raindrops were present on the bright green leaves, and the sun had pierced through the trees, leaving a beautiful scene for the two. They had continued to walk together, the alternate stopping once he believed that he found the perfect spot.

"This is it, Stan. It is perfect," The curly haired boy gave a light smile, leaning Stan to himself for a minute.

Stan stood there in the middle of a bright and vibrant flower field, most of the flowers colored green or orange. They were colors that Kyle almost always wore, causing Stan's heart to ache a little. It just now hit him that Kyle truly was gone, and he could never he replaced. Nobody was ever going to be the real Kyle, and this hurt Stan.

He sat alone on a wooden park bench, wiping a few tears that came from his eyes.

"Kyle... If you can hear me, I want you to know that I am sorry. It really didn't hit me until now, and I have gotten myself into quite the situation. I miss you a lot, and I hope that you are doing okay. I, um...," A sad wince escapes Stan's throat as he sits there alone, his eyes clouding over with tears. "I... I'm still remembering everything that we have went through together. How we cried together, laughed together, and well...," Stan began to sob a little, realizing just now what he lost. "Played together, too...," He began to cry a little harder, realizing that the Kyle he knew truly was dead. "I love you, Kyle. There will never be a day where I don't. I just... Hope that you forgive me," Stan winces, sniffling as he wipes a few of his tears.

Suddenly, he feels a hand grasp onto his shoulder.

Stan turns his head to look behind him, only to realize that it is the alternate.

"Oh... Um, hi, Kyle," He sniffles once more, his bloodshot eyes meeting with Kyle's emerald ones.

"I am sorry that you are in pain, my love," The curly haired boy frowns deeply, sitting beside Stan and pulls him into a close hug.

The black haired boy began to sob into Kyle's chest, drenching it with tears. He hugged onto him tightly, Stan feeling a piercing pain through his heart as if it had gotten shot with an arrow.

"...Shh, it's okay," Kyle attempts to comfort Stan, rubbing his back gently before he presses a kiss to his head. "Come on. I have finished the grave, and I would like to show it to you," He grabs hold of Stan's hands gently.

"O-Okay... Thank you," Stan sniffles, standing up from the bench and follows after the alternate to the true Kyle's grave.

It was a large tombstone carved from a rock, and it had text on it. In big, bolded text, it read:

"iʞꙅvo|Ꮈoɿᙠ ɘ|ʏ⋊ 90  ɘᴎuႱ-00- ʏɒM

˙ǝɔɐǝd uı ʇsǝɹ ǝɥ ʎɐW ˙ɯıɥ ʍouʞ oʇ ʇoɓ oɥʍ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ oʇ ɓuıssǝlq ɐ sɐʍ ǝlʎ⋊ ˙plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɯıɥ ǝpɐɹʇ ʇ,uplnoʍ puɐ 'ɥsɹɐW uɐʇS ɟo puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ sɐʍ ǝH ˙ʎoq ʇɥɓıɹq puɐ ʇuǝɓıllǝʇuı ʎɹǝʌ ɐ sɐʍ ǝlʎ⋊"

"...I am starting to miss him a lot," Stan frowned, gazing at the grave in front of him.

"I want you to know that I had taken no part in his death, Stan. The boy was hit by a large semi truck, and I had just come down to this world. I was frightful and unsure of what to do, so I took over his body," The creature frowns as he places a hand on Stan's back. "...When I first had taken over it, I could feel the pain that he felt before he died. It saddened me. I still have sensitive ribs from the impact," He frowns, gazing over to Stan. 

"You... You couldn't heal his body completely?" Stan questions, grimacing.

"No... The spark of life that was left could not be salvaged. The last words he spoke to you were ones of panic, when I had began to take over. He was unsure of what was going on," The alternate explains, sighing. "...But now, a restless guilt has risen within me. It has become hard for me to bear the emotional pain every time my ribs sting," The curly haired boy sets a hand on his ribs. "...I know everything about Kyle. His past life, his past secrets, who he loved, and who he hates. I believe that I have grown used to this body, so much so that the thoughts generated from my head are those that would have come from Kyle," He explains, letting out a sigh and a small wince as he rubs the area around his ribs gently.

"Kyle...? What's going on?" Stan sniffles, gazing over to him.

"I am having another pain. I apologize, Stan," The redhead grimaces, cringing a bit. "But I cannot say that I do not deserve it. As much as I love you, aspire to be by your side, I can never be the real Kyle," His eyelids drop, and he looks saddened.

Stan frowns upon hearing him, setting a few bright green and orange flowers on Kyle's grave.

"...Stan. I am fearful," He states, and Stan notices something he has never seen before.

"...Of what?" Stan questions. He notices that the alternate's eyes are becoming full of true and genuine tears.

"...Losing you, disappointing you. It hurts me," He wipes a few tears from his eyes. "If you ever saw my true form... I fear you would not love me any more. You would believe me to be so horrifying and ugly, you would scream and die of shock," He sniffles.

"Oh...," Stan responds with droopy eyelids.