Chapter 5

The black haired boy was sound asleep that night. Kyle turned the television off and crept back up the stairs, making his way into Stan's room. Loud raining was heard from the outside again, thudding against the window as wind blew it towards the Marsh residence. Stan's breath was light, even, and easy. He rested his head against the pillow and snoozed lightly.

The redheaded boy followed him up the stairs, carefully closing his door so that he would not awaken the blue eyed boy.

He sat there beside him, resting a hand at the side of his cheek.

"Stan...," He smiles to him, his eyes closing slowly as he feels the warmth of Stan's face against his hand.

He pulls the covers over the two and cuddles in close to the ravenette, nuzzling his face against his head a few times.

"Mmm...," Stan groans in his sleep, flipping on over to his side and rests his head up against the redhead's chest.

Kyle gasps at this, dull emerald eyes widening as he stares down at him. It made his heart feel something in that moment, as if a fire was burning from within. He contently allows for Stan to rest on him and coos softly, nuzzling his head even more.

"Kyle...?" Stan eventually awakens, yawning as he wraps his arms around Kyle's waist.

"...What is it, my dear Stan?" He coos in response, keeping Stan close to him.

"When did you even come in here...?" Stan flips on over to his other side, resting his head up against his pillow.

"Not that long ago. I don't have anywhere else to sleep in your home, so I came to the conclusion that you would not mind if I joined beside you. I am sorry if that is upsetting," His eyes drop, and he even looks a little sad.

This is what made Stan realize that Kyle has quite the beautiful eyes. When he turned over and his own met Kyle's, he felt almost awestruck.

They were perfect. A beautiful shade of forest green with a matte dullness to them that made them unique.

"Wow... Your eyes are really pretty, Kyle," Stan smiles, rising up from his bed and sits beside the curly haired boy.

"Thank you. Those are very kind words for you to speak to me," Kyle laughs softly, pushing a piece of hair behind his ear.

"Um... That sunset that we saw was really beautiful, Kyle. I don't think that I will ever forget it. I liked having you close to me like that," The black haired boy admits while a soft, pink blush comes to his cheeks.

"I want to not spend a sunset with anyone else like the one that I had spent with you," Kyle smiles, though he seems to be cringing a bit a moment later.

"...Kyle? What's wrong?" Stan asks with a deep frown.

"Agh...," Kyle grimaces, holding onto his ribs. "It is nothing, Stan. I just sometimes get a pain that disturbs my right lung. Do not worry about it, it means nothing," He shakes his head, trying to reassure Stan as he begins to take shallow breaths.

"...Let me help you," Stan frowns, making his way behind Kyle and hugs him softly. He begins to massage the area where Kyle's ribs and lungs are gently, trying to sooth his pain.

"Thank you, Stan. You're so kind to me. So sweet and selfless," The redhead smiled sweetly, turning his head to start nuzzling up against Stan's cheek.

"H-Hey...," Stan blushed, though smiled to the redhead. "It's not a problem, really. I'm glad that I could help you feel better, because I don't know what I would do without my best friend in my life," Stan smiles sweetly, hugging Kyle tightly.

"I do not know what I would do without you either, Stan. Thank you for being there for me. I will stay beside you until the end of time, okay? Always and forever," He smiles, lying down on his side shortly after. Kyle seemed to be tired today.

Stan lied beside him and hugged him from behind, falling into a deep sleep moments later.

Morning had woken them up politely, light sun rays shining down on their bodies.

Stan had awoken without Kyle by his side, his eyes widening. "Huh...?" He gasped underneath his breath, bewildered that he was not there.

His door opened a moment later, along with Kyle. He was holding a tray in his hands, a plate along with silverware and a glass.

"Good morning, Stan," The redhead smiles, lying the tray on Stan's lap. "I made you breakfast," He smiles, sitting at the end of his bed.

In front of Stan was a plate of sausage, eggs, bacon, pancakes, and a glass of orange juice.

"Wow... Thank you, Kyle," Stan smiled large, feeling his mouth water at the sight and smell of the breakfast. "Did you save any for yourself, though?" The black haired boy questions.

"I ate already," The freckled boy explains, glad to see Stan so happy. "Go ahead and eat all that you want, Stan. There is more downstairs as well," He leaves the room, allowing Stan to have some space to himself.

Stan dug into the breakfast as soon as Kyle sat it on his lap, smiling sweetly as he tasted a wide variety of flavors from all the different foods that Kyle had made for him.

It was about the best breakfast that Stan had ever had in his life, it tasted just as perfect as you could imagine gourmet food to taste like. He raced downstairs to meet with Kyle again, thanking him.

"Kyle, thank you for that! It was amazing," He smiles, resting himself against Kyle briefly to hold him in a tight embrace.

"Thank you, Stan. I would like to go on another walk with you tonight. Would you like that?" The freckled boy questions.

"Yes," Stan nods with a sweet smile, overjoyed as he gazes over to Kyle.