Chapter 18

"No...," The alternate formed a bead of sweat upon his forehead. Quickly, he ran upstairs and approached the black haired boy.

"Stan," He stated blankly, a bead of sweat forming upon his head.

"...Yes?" The black haired boy questions, a worried look placed upon his face.

"You need to get out of here, and quickly," He whispered, hearing static noises coming from the television downstairs.

"What?" Stan raised an eyebrow, looking to Ike to whom was sleeping peacefully in his bed. "What's going on?" He felt his heartbeat rise, a worried look in his eyes.

"I have no time to explain, just two words for you...," Wasp approaches Stan closer, quickly looking behind himself before taking a breath in and turned his eyes to Stan again.

"...What are they?" The black haired boy questioned, speaking quietly in case somebody could hear him.

"...Fatal Error," He whispers, pressing his hands to Stan's back and implies that Stan should escape out of the window.

"...Are you going to be okay by yourself? I don't want to leave you," Stan shakes his head, starting to feel conflicted.

"Yes, I will be fine. Just go, and take the kid with you," He nods his head to Stan, forming a bead of sweat upon his forehead.

"...Wasp," Stan grimaces as he takes Ike into his arms, opening the window with a frown upon his face. He isn't sure of where he should go, worry flowing all throughout his veins. He takes notice of a familiar blonde boy.

"...Hey, you!" Stan realizes upon closer inspection that this is Kenny.

"...Ken?" The black haired boy's eyes widen, walking towards him. "You seem to be in a panic, is everything okay?" Stan thinks on his words for a moment. "Well... Actually, don't answer that. It can't be. It isn't for me, anyway," His eyes drop and he looks upset once more.

"...You need to hide, hurry!" Ken takes one of Stan's hands in his own, running ahead quickly. He leads Stan to an abandoned house, and he takes him to the backyard. There is a bomb shelter present where Kenny had been saving the innocent people's lives. "Get inside here. They haven't seemed to figure out that we can hide underground yet," He opens the lid to the bomb shelter, leading Stan inside beside him. The two climb down the ladder where a large group of people is present.

"Hey... Thanks, Ken," Stan feels fearful without Wasp by his side. Without him, he is truly defenseless to these creatures.

The redheaded boy heard the static from the TV downstairs. He took a deep breath in, and a hard swallow shortly afterwards. He waited in front of the television patiently, as if waiting for someone to appear. However... It just faded out to black.

"...What?" He asked in a panicked manner, looking around the house as the wind howled loudly outside.

It was pitched black inside, it was hard him to even see anything at all. The wooden floor beneath his feet creaked as he looked around every corner of the house. Nothing. Not a sign of life at all.

Yet, Wasp couldn't shake the feeling that something was here. And in the blink of the moment, he looked towards the windows.

A heavy, bright red fog was surrounding the house in moments.

For once in his life, Wasp felt panicked. He knew he was strong enough to handle this, but he was still young compared to other members of his species. They could certainly kill him if they wanted to.

He twisted the doorknob to the front door and stepped outside, scanning the area. And that's when it had hit him.

Standing alone in the red fog was a familiar figure.