Part 3

PART 3: PROPHECY AND REALTY

PLAYLIST: BRUNO MARS- I WIL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

I had realized years ago that I didn't mind the hot water pouring over my head. Despite being weak to cold, I was quite resistant to heat. For a while, I massaged my scalp, which was dry from the heat. I squeezed a walnut-sized amount of pink shampoo into my palm and stared at it strangely. I lathered up the fragrant shampoo, which only blended pink flowers, into my hair. I didn't mind the bubbles landing in my eyes, because every time I closed my eyes, a murderer and a corpse appeared before me. These were the worst moments of my life.

After rinsing off all the foam, I stood under the hot water a little longer. When I covered my naked body with a purple towel, I wrapped a small hair towel around my hair. It was also purple in color, just like most of my things in life.

I didn't stand in front of the mirror and watch myself like I usually do. I had even become afraid of mirrors. I put on my black slippers and quickly left the bathroom without lingering. When I entered my room, I turned on the light and looked around. The square-shaped room was small. The walls were the color of white champagne, and I hated it. All my furniture was white too - my wardrobe, desk, and headboard were all made of white leather. Next to my bed, which was leaning against the wall, was a white nightstand with a small one-eyed drawer. I glanced at the family photos on the nightstand and the purple alarm clock before making my way to the bed. Since I hadn't taken my winter coats out from under the bed yet, I lifted the base and took off my thick cotton nightgown, setting it aside.

As I was about to lie down on my bed with my wet hair, I was startled by the message tone on my phone. I glanced nervously around the room, but I was alone. I checked my window to make sure it was closed and then took one last look around the room, but didn't see any movement. I picked up my phone and entered the knock code. When I looked at the message from the notification, I frowned. It was a message from WhatsApp, and the number was definitely not familiar to me.

Person X: "Are you asleep?"

I picked up my phone and tapped on the profile picture of the person who sent the message, but it only showed a photo of a flock of ravens.

Matilda: "Who is this?"

Matilda: "How did you get my number?"

The person came online and started typing immediately. Meanwhile, I lay on my bed, with the light still on. I knew that I wouldn't easily overcome the fear of what happened yesterday, and that it would stay with me for a long time.

Person X: "I saw what happened yesterday and I was curious about it."

Matilda: "I already asked you, who are you?"

Matilda: "Where did you get my number?"

Person X: "That's not important. How are you feeling?"

Matilda: "If you're not going to tell me who you are, then go to hell."