Part 21

When a tear rolled down from Violet's large purple eyes, she quickly wiped it with the back of her delicate white hand

When a tear rolled down from Violet's large purple eyes, she quickly wiped it with the back of her delicate white hand. She rested her elbows on her legs and looked down at her feet, leaning her face down. Her purple hair cascaded down her back as she ran her hands through it. The sound of a few glasses breaking in the kitchen made her quickly lift her head and turn in that direction. Tears continued to flow from her large eyes.

'What does that fool think he's doing?' she said, her voice hoarse.

'Raven is with him, don't worry, he won't let him hurt himself,' I replied, and she straightened up. While tears continued to stream from her eyes, Eleanora wiped the wetness caused by the tears from her white skin with a napkin. Her cheeks were slightly flushed, and her eyes were beginning to swell.

'It's so strange that you don't remember. Who would want to erase your memories?' Eleanora asked, curiously.

'I don't know, Noora, I don't know,' Violet replied in a voice filled with despair and sadness.

'How did you realize you don't remember?' I asked, and her eyes widened, turning her head away. She began rubbing her long, unpolished nails, starting to sweat slightly.

'Mattia showed us our memories...' she whispered.

'How did he show them?' I asked, and she turned her eyes to me, trying to speak with her lips. When I didn't understand, she covered her face with her hands.

'With a memory-reviving kiss, of course,' Eleanora said, looking at Violet with a cunning glance.

'How does that work?' I asked, and she looked at me as if to say, 'How do you not know?'

'It was actually a procedure done to prevent seers from losing their sanity. Loved ones enchant their lips with memories of them together, and every time their lips touch, the memories are transferred to the other person's memory.'

'Wait a minute...' I said, making a stop gesture with my finger. 'So that's why Daisy kept kissing Raven?'

'Daisy doesn't even remember how most spells are done. I doubt it. Besides, Raven being a trainer, all his protective spells are active. So, impossible.'

'She's just kissing him for fun...' I said when the kitchen door opened. Hoping Raven hadn't heard my last words, I looked in that direction, and his eyes were on me, looking reproachfully.

'I don't want to hear such words from your mouth again,' he said, and though I wanted to retort, I knew he was right. Raven didn't like women who swore. He wasn't much of a swearer himself. He was an old-fashioned gentleman.

'What happened, what are you breaking in there?' Eleanora asked, looking at Mattia's disheveled state. Mattia's gaze was fixed on Violet. He looked at her tear-streaked face with furrowed brows.

'Why are you crying, Violet?' he asked, his voice angry.

'Camellis, we're going out for materials, come,' he said, and I stood up from my seat. 'What materials?' I asked, walking towards him. 'For a spell.'