Part 10

Playlist- The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun

"Matilda!" shouted a strong male voice. As I turned my head towards the direction of the voice, my hand remained suspended on the car door handle. When I saw the person calling me, I bit my lower lip and looked at Raven, not knowing what to do. Raven gently blew the extinguished ashes in her eyes towards me, while her black eyes narrowed with disdain.

"Matilda, wait!" North yelled again.

When I turned my gaze to North's angry face as he approached us, I saw Raven staring at his throat as if she was about to strangle him. Raven had an expression of contemptuous mockery on her face as she casually watched his arrival. She took out her phone, quickly typed something, and then turned the screen towards me.

"Let him come and get in the car."

"What, is he coming with us?" I asked, my mouth open in surprise. I didn't even know where we were going. She quickly tapped her fingers on her phone again and turned the screen towards me while giving a glance to North who was approaching us.

"Yes. Mind your own business."

"Alright, whatever." I said, waiting with a defiant look towards North who was approaching us.

As his brown eyes met my angry expression, he looked at me tersely. Bingo! My lies had been exposed, I thought. When he stood next to me, I took a quick glance over my shoulder and, like Raven, sat in the front seat.

"Get in," I said, pointing to the back seat.

When North sat in the back seat with a bewildered expression, he looked at us in astonishment. Raven began to drive the car as if it was flying, while North started talking.

"How is it that no one else sees this monster parked in front of the school?" he asked incredulously. "They didn't even see that kid." he continued. "Matilda, you can't escape anymore! Tell me what's going on!" he continued speaking loudly, and I furrowed my brows as I turned to face him.

"Could you please watch your tone? I don't have to give you an explanation. And it's not my place to do so anyway."

"Then talk!" he said, poking Raven. I took a deep breath.

Raven looked at me with patience over her shoulder, then turned to face me when she understood what I meant. When I pushed North's hand away, still poking Raven, she spoke up.

"You better not annoy her, North. Wait until we get where we're going. She'll give you the answers you want."

"You give me the answers. You know what's going on," he said, giving me a harsh look.

"Can I tell him?" I asked, but he just gave me a sour look. "I'm sorry, I can't. But if you keep bothering me, I'll drown you in a spoonful of water."

"I hope I don't hear crazy things," muttered North, taking out his phone and grumbling as he started fiddling with it.