Part 16

I couldn't bear the restless sleep any longer, and when I got out of bed, it was four in the morning

I couldn't bear the restless sleep any longer, and when I got out of bed, it was four in the morning. Even on the days I couldn't sleep, I would spend the next day feeling sick. I had found a solution to this a long time ago. I would fall asleep immediately when I lay down next to my mom. Plus, I would sleep without the recurring nightmares, comfortably. But right now, I couldn't go to my mom. I wasn't allowed to go unless it was a vacation, and there were still two months left until the holidays. As I quietly walked through the corridor and stepped into the garden, my phone inside my pajamas started vibrating.

"Who could it be at this hour?" I said to myself and took out my phone. When I saw the caller's name, I was surprised but also very happy.

"Mom?"

"My dear, haven't you gone to sleep yet? I've been worried about you. We haven't been able to talk properly for days." Her voice sounded so sensitive and anxious that I was suddenly filled with fear that something had happened.

"I couldn't sleep, Mom."

"Why, my dear? Are you okay? Is there a problem with your boyfriend?"

"We broke up, Mom," I said as I threw myself onto the blue fluffy chair. Both my dad and my mom knew Raven.

"Why? What happened?"

"Mom, do you remember I told you about a crazy girl at school? The one who's obsessed with my boyfriend?"

"Yes, you said she's always hanging around your boy. Did it happen because of her?"

"Yes, Mom. That *bitch*... I'm sorry. That girl is the reason."

"Tell me, dear."

"I was on my period and a bit moody, as usual. We had a minor fight over some silly stuff. We didn't talk for a while. Or rather, I didn't want to see her when she came. This morning, knowing that I had overreacted, I went to her. But before I got to her, that psycho girl came. And right in front of my eyes, she started kissing Raven on the lips. Of course, I lost it... I attacked her without thinking."

"That *bitch*," my mom said.

"Raven got angry because I attacked that crazy girl. He said I crossed the line. After that sentence, it's pretty much over."

"So, you ended your relationship so quickly?"

"Yes."

"That boy will come back," my mom said.

"It's not over yet."

"Go on."

"Stella sent me the girl's Instagram account. Mom, all the photos of the girl are with Raven. She's posting them as if they were a couple. This girl is not crazy, Mom; she's just obsessed. She's fixated on my boyfriend."

"But didn't you say this girl has been like this for years? Now, if she's acting like this after you've gone to Greece, I would say it's related to your boy, but there's something fishy here. Either this girl is really crazy, or she's after something. Don't tell anyone, just wait."