Part 23

As I covered my lips with both hands, my eyes welled up, reflecting the horror of what I had just witnessed

As I covered my lips with both hands, my eyes welled up, reflecting the horror of what I had just witnessed. Ash gently lifted into the air and disappeared into a vortex. A tear slid down my cheek and touched my fingers when I heard Raven's laughter approaching. I looked at him with disgust for being able to laugh after such a horrific act.

"What's so funny? You killed him!" I shouted, pointing accusingly at him. Two different voices filled my ears at the same time.

"No, I'm not dead. I was defeated," White's voice filled my mind.

"I didn't kill him, my dear. He was defeated. He lost. Try, and he will return," Raven said, smiling reassuringly at me.

"White, I thought you were dead..." I whispered to my white dove fluttering in my mind.

"The doors of death are closed to us."

When I wrapped my arms around Raven's waist, he pulled me towards him. His soft hands caressed my back as he planted a kiss on the top of my hair. There were a few things I could never get enough of: chocolate, though not indispensable, Raven's mystic scent, and the love-filled kisses in my hair.

"I was terrified," I said, standing on tiptoes to kiss his cheek. It wasn't something I did often. Raven and I didn't kiss frequently, but we hugged a lot. Lately, our kisses had increased, but I wasn't complaining.

"Let's train a bit more, then we'll watch a movie together," he suggested and then brushed his lips against mine. The kiss was short but intensely warm. I hesitantly opened my eyes, meeting his dark brown eyes that looked fiercely, almost blazingly at me. "And maybe do a bit more kissing," he added, his voice laden with desire.

* * *

After about two more hours of training, with no progress on my part, we went upstairs. No matter how much I tried to direct my dove, Raven's moves were too strong, and I stood almost no chance against him.

Following a quick fifteen-minute shower, we were both clean and refreshed as we moved to the bedroom. Raven set up his laptop so we both could see and settled on a vampire movie. Speaking of vampires, what happened to the real ones?

"Have you watched it before?" he asked, pulling me under his arm.

"Are you kidding? Black is my favorite vampire."

"I thought it was Edward," he teased, looking up at me.

"There's him too, but I first knew vampires through Black," I replied, taking two chips from the bowl on my lap. I put one in my mouth and playfully tossed the other into Raven's, making him laugh.

"What's so funny? Tell me so I can laugh too."

"I don't need a reason to laugh when you're with me, Wildflower. Just being in my arms is a source of happiness for me," he said, his voice touching my skin, then my heart, and soul.