Part 15

I joyfully looked at the artificial orange fire that had formed in my hands. It had finally happened, I had succeeded! I think the reason for my fire being artificial was probably because there was also an air element around it. I carefully controlled it and threw it into the sky. Like a fireworks display, the fireball burst in the sky, breaking into thousands of pieces and momentarily relieving the gloominess of the gray sky. The sky had come to life.

"There's my Wildflower," Raven said, watching me with her arms crossed over her chest. There was a proud expression in her eyes and a happy smile on her lips.

"It worked!" I shouted with excitement. Unable to contain my laughter, I jumped for joy.

"I told you," Raven said, joining in with a laugh. The happiness and pride in her eyes shone as if to say, "I'm right here."

"Well then..." I said, trailing off the last word and spreading my arms wide. I comfortably used the air I controlled more easily than fire, and in a few seconds, a whirlwind brought me in front of Raven. With the joy of using my newly discovered powers, I wrapped the wind around my back and joined Raven.

"Then let's hug," she said with a genuine laugh. When I wrapped my arms tightly around her neck, her arms wrapped around my slim waist.

"Let's hug tightly!" I shouted as I hugged her like an octopus. Her arms tightened around me and lifted me off the ground. As she twirled me around, my mischievous laughter echoed around.

"Do you really love hugging this much?" Raven asked when she stopped spinning me. She began to walk backward towards a pale gray log.

"Mhmm," I murmured as we both sat down on the log. She took my hands in hers. "Very much," I continued, looking at my hands that were lost in hers.

"I only love hugging you," she said, never taking her dark eyes off mine, staring at me without blinking. "Only you."

"I mean, this is kind of like saying 'I love you,' you know?" I asked, watching the astonishment and brief shock in their eyes. They quickly composed themselves within a few seconds and put that self-satisfied expression back on their face.

"However you interpret it!" they replied, rubbing their nose against mine and chuckling.

"That's not an answer," I said, pulling back and watching them with furrowed brows. This wasn't the response I had expected!

"It's quite an answer," they said, raising their eyebrows. I looked at them in bewilderment, seeing the expression on their face that seemed to say, "You can't handle me."

It had been three months since we got together, and now everyone had accepted our relationship. However, they had never once told me "I love you." I guess I had been waiting for them to say it first.

"I don't accept that as an answer," I said, staring into their eyes which were slowly becoming angry.

"Again?" they said, rolling their eyes and giving me a defiant look.