Part 4

PART 4: PEACE

PLAYLIST: LP- LOST ON YOU 

PLAYLIST: THE BEATLES; HELP

"This... This is bullshit. You must be out of your mind," I blurted out, finally finding my voice. I had never even considered the possibility that my father, with his always calm and reassuring presence, could be the leader of a bloodline. "I already knew he wasn't human," I added, glancing over at Raven. I continued in a helpless tone, feeling confused and stupid. Why hadn't my father told me anything?

"And why didn't he tell me? Why was Raven following me?" Raven gazed at her palm for a moment before meeting my eyes with a steady gaze. We held each other's gaze for a few seconds in silence.

"If Raven had waited until it was time for her to reveal herself to you, your father would have explained everything to you on your birthday. But after recent events, he sent me here to explain things to you. Raven was specifically assigned to watch over you and ensure that your powers hadn't been exposed. Her main job is in the Shadow realm, providing education. And so is mine. To be honest, I haven't been here in a long time, but thanks to you, I'm interacting with people again," Goat said, smiling at me.

"It's all so crazy... I can barely believe it," I said, my voice betraying my indecision and helplessness.

"Of course it's hard to believe. You're being thrown into a completely different realm. You have your whole life ahead of you to think about this and ask for help from us," Goat replied, trying to reassure me.

"So, what, am I controlling the weather now or something?" I asked, my tone aggressive despite my best efforts to sound calm.

"You probably will. Of course, we'll take measures to ensure that you understand everything," he said as he got out of bed.

"What kind of measures are you going to take?" I asked.

"You shouldn't worry about that now, Matilda. There will be plenty of people like us to explain everything to you when you start your education. Once you're adjusted to everything, your indecisiveness will disappear," he said, maintaining his seriousness as always.

"Can I ask you something?" I said, seeing Goat and Raven getting up to leave.

"Of course, Matilda."

"Does my mother know about all of this?" I asked. I couldn't bear the thought of my mother keeping such an important and dangerous secret from me.

"I don't think your father would have shared such information with your mother. She's probably unaware of everything," he replied, causing me to take a deep breath.