Part 22

"After a long time, the sun hit my face again, causing me to wake up

"After a long time, the sun hit my face again, causing me to wake up. As I slowly opened my eyes, feeling the weight on my stomach, I saw Raven's head resting there. He had tightly wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his head into my stomach. A smile formed on my lips at this sight. I ran my fingers through his black hair, soft and smooth like silk, continuing to stroke his straight hair without erasing the smile on my face. The hair at the nape of his neck was slightly sweaty, sticking together.

While I continued to stroke his hair, I turned my eyes towards the ceiling. Smiling at the figure revealed by the sunlight, I wondered what I had done to deserve such a man. No one but my mother, who loved me so much, came to mind. The thought of not having spoken to my mother for a long time wiped the smile off my face. I missed her terribly. But I couldn't call her because of the trouble we were in. I was sure she was upset about it. Who knows how many times she must have called me. I really wondered what excuses my father had made up for her.

'Do you have abs?' Raven suddenly asked, causing me to jump slightly. He lifted his head to look at me, then lay back down on the pillow.

'Good morning,' I said with a big grin, looking at him. After he gazed into my eyes with laughter in his, his gaze dropped to my smile. Covering my teeth with my lips, I continued to smile at him. I watched the smile settle on his lips. His dark eyes narrowed slightly, and his full lips parted. When he laughed without taking his eyes off mine, I looked at him in amazement.

'Why are you laughing?' I asked, and he pulled me towards him. I was in his arms, in the place where I belonged, where I found peace.

'I didn't expect to wake up with you so early,' he confessed.

'Were you waiting for something like marriage?' I asked, and he nodded slightly. 'Did you know you're the ideal son-in-law my mother would want? Although, she last knew we were apart.'

'Was your mother angry with me?' he asked, his voice calm.

'Naturally. But she had said, he'll come back to you, that boy.'

'She had told me, if you hurt my daughter, I'll curse you. I think the curse was swirling around me at that time. Nothing was going right,' he said, and I laughed.

'She loves you, though,' I said, placing my fingers on his cheek. He usually preferred a clean shave, but now he had a stubble. As I stroked his cheek, the stubble slightly pricked my palm.

'Do you love me, though?' he asked, his voice already sure of the answer.

'I don't know,' I said playfully. 'Do you think I do?' I continued, and his eyes darted across my face with a cunning expression.

'A nice kiss might help me understand,' he said, and I burst out laughing. I lifted my head and brushed my lips against his chin. 'Like this?' I asked, kissing his chin again.

'I was talking about a kiss a bit higher up,' he said, placing his hand on my hip. A few seconds later, I was on top of him. Both of his hands were on my hips, slowly exploring with his fingers.