Chapter 7:

"I don't fucking know, cause the seven dwarves will see it?"

Bonnie was checking herself out in the mirror, making poses and faces with her gun in hand. The old bathrooms was disgusting, the roof had fallen in, grime and moss cover every surface and the mirror was barely noticeable under all the shit that covered it.

"Pew! Pew!" She smirked at herself before pulling out the cartridge. She took a bullet out and slid it back Inside her gun. She held it up to the mirror, both hands grasping it steadily. She pulled the trigger letting the hollow click ring out and she smirked before pulling the cartridge back out.
She put all the bullets back in place before going to put the gun in her bag.

However the gun had other plans and slipped right through her fingers clattering loudly on the slimy tiled floor. "Fuck!" She cursed quietly hoping Joel was still outside draining gas from some old cars. She turned around and looked at the decaying bathroom stall door and scrunched up her face in disgust. "This is all I got to work with?" She sighed in annoyance trading her gun for the box of tampons she found a while ago. "Toxic shock syndrome kill me now" she muttered reading the possible side effects on the back of the box before disappearing into the disgusting bathroom stall.

"I don't think I'll ever recover from that" bonnie heaved having to have put all her energy into pushing open the shitty broken door. "Any monsters in there?" Joel half joked and she shrugged "a dead rat but nothing else" "how lovely" "yeah made for good toilet paper though" Joel screwed up his face in pure horror and Bonnie laughed at him. "I'm joking, Jesus im not that weird"

He rolled his eyes before turning back to what he was doing. "Why do we have to do this again?" She asked him "gas breaks down over time, this stuffs almost water. Back in the day-" Bonnie let out a loud groan throwing her head back and Joel glared at her. "Rude" "sorry was I interrupting your reminiscing grandpa?" "anyway, we'd drive 10,12 hours on one tank. You could go anywhere"

"Where did you go? I've always wanted to see how New York turned out. Apparently it was beautiful and full of life before cordyceps hit" Joel nodded at that "I've never been but always wanted to go. But I went pretty much nowhere" he replied before blowing into a tube he had stuck into the cars fuel tank, another tube feeding out of the tank and into a container.

Bonnie smiled at the sight as Joel continued to puff into the plastic. "What are you doing?" She giggled crossing her arms over her chest before the gas from the fuel tank started to filter out via the second tube and into the container. "That's so cool, how did you do that? Like science or something?" "It's a siphon." Bonnie stared at him confused for a moment before he decided to elaborate, realising the young girl had no idea what he was talking about.