Chapter 9:

(Ok guys would y'all be interested in an Ellie x oc fanfic? Not Bonnie obviously but another oc. Let me know! I may or may not have it already planned out ;) Comment pleasexx)

 Let me know! I may or may not have it already planned out ;) Comment pleasexx)

"Let's blow this popsicle stand bitch"

"Bon, please" Joel begged emotion swelling inside him. "I can't do this shit again" His breathing increased as he examined her. He brought his finger to her neck and felt the faint beat beneath his finger tips. "Thank fuck" he cursed to himself,his eyes scanning the girl. He felt frozen in that moment, he felt like he was losing everything all over again, he felt like someone took any last shred of happiness that he had and tore it to pieces.

"You gotta wake up kid, come on"

It didn't matter that he hadn't know Bonnie for years, it didn't matter that she was 'cargo' he cared. She wiggled her way into his cold heart with her stupid jokes and sarcastic comments. She made him laugh, made him smile, gave him a reason to keep going. Joel couldn't deny he had formed an attachment. She gave him an escape from it all, she gave him purpose. He needed that.

A bullet struck the truck again snapping Joel out of his daze. He leaned across bonnie, pushing open the car door on her side. He grabbed her backpack from the backseat and grabbed his gun. He didn't know how he was going to get her out of the car without getting shot himself.

"Everything will be alright"

Bonnie opened her eyes and found herself on a familiar roof. The roof that overlooked the QZ, the tallest building. But this time she wasn't alone, she wasn't the one near the edge.

She stood by the metal door that led to the roof and was looking at the ledge, well looking at the little girl who was perched upon it. Bonnie recognised those tight brown curls from anywhere. "Am I dead?" She asked as the wind swept her hair over to one side.

Katie's Giggle rang in Bonnies ears as her little sister turned her head to look at her older sibling. "Of course not dumbass," "ok then why are you here?" She asked coolly, crossing her arms over her chest. Katie's face turned into a frown as she looked at her older sister. "Are you not happy to see me?" She asked, hurt evident in her voice as she turned around to fully face her sister, hopping off the ledge onto the concrete.

"No" she snapped glaring at the smaller girl. "Come on Bunny don't be like that" "don't call me that!" Bonnie snapped stepping backwards as Katie advanced. "Why are you here?" She asked and Katie stopped once Bonnie was pressed against the door and she was a metre in front of her.

"I could ask you the same thing" the smaller girl folded her arms looking up at her older sister. "What?" "I'm a figment of your imagination, you know that right?" Bonnie nodded her head. "Yeah I know" "so why is this happening then? You going crazy or something?"