Chapter 10:

"Are you Santa Claus?"

"Joel?" Bonnie whisper yelled her hands in the air. "Joel" Bonnie said in her normal voice. When the man didn't stir from his sleep bonnie nervously glanced at the man holding a gun on the back of her head. "Sorry he can't hear very well" "wake him up" the man snapped and Bonnie laughed nervously. "Joel!" Bonnie shouted causing Joel to stir but not waken.

Bonnie let out a groan before turning to look up at the man. "Can I throw my shoe at him?" The man simply replied with a nod pressing the nose of the gun to the back of her head. "You try anything and-" "I won't I swear" Bonnie replied quickly. She leaned forward and slowly grabbed her orange converse. She held her dirty shoe in hand for a moment before harshly throwing it. "Wake the fuck up sleeping beauty!"

The shoes collided with Joel's shoulder causing him to jolt awake. He met Bonnies eye first before noticing the gun pointed at the back of her head and the man who held it there. He went to sit up and grab his gun but was met with a little boy pointing a gun right at his face. The boy brought his finger to his lip indicating Joel to be quiet.

"Guess the glass didn't work" Bonnie awkwardly laughed keeping her hands in the air. "Eyes on me. Eyes on me" the man instructed as Joel turned away from the little boy. Looking at him. "Are you ok?" Joel asked Bonnie who replied, "yeah never better". "You don't have to worry about what to say. We don't wanna hurt you. We wanna help you" "yeah I got that vibe from the gun that you have pointed at me" Bonnie scoffed and Joel glared at her "shut up" "affirmative captain"

"We don't want to hurt you I swear" the man emphasised and Joel nodded "ok" "I don't know what the next step is with something like this," "maybe try putting away the deadly weapons you have pointed at our heads" Bonnie suggested glancing back at the man who nodded his head "yeah,yeah,b-but if I lower my gun, we didn't hurt you, so you don't hurt us, right?" "You're doing great" Bonnie whispered giving a thumbs up. "Thanks" he muttered back before looking at Joel for a response.

"That's right" Joel answered in his regular cool tone and his regular stoic look on his features. "That's a weird fucking tone man. Why are you looking at me like that?!"the man questioned panicked. "He sounds like that all the time he's just got a really dicky voice. And he always looks like he's judging you. Ever heard of resting bitch face?" Bonnie chuckled nervously having talked so fast. "Joel tell him everything's fine" Bonnie prompted glaring harshly at Joel.

Joel paused for a moment simply staring at the guy who had a gun hovering at the back of Bonnies head. "Everything is great" he replied in the exact same tone and Bonnie let out a groan throwing her head back. "Come on man! You didn't even fucking try!" "That's just how I talk what more do you want from me?" He snapped back as she narrowed her eyes. "Oh I don't know maybe something along the lines off, I promise not to kill you even though you threatened to kill us because that's just the type of dude I am" Bonnie whisper yelled once again copying Joel's accent.