adventures of wolf and liv: a walk

i actually love wolf and liv :)

_________________________________________________________

it was that time. everyday at 12 in the afternoon, wolf would take livefor a walk. liv had grown, she was two years now, and she did require a lot more excersise than she did as a puppy. although she did go on walks when she was younger, the length and time was significantly shorter. it used to be a ten minute walk but as time when on, it increased and now each walk was about half an our to an hour long.

they usually stuck to walking, but when the weather was more on the colder side, wolf would run. if it were a different dog, perferably one with short fur, then they would be running all year round. but liv was a long coated dog. when the days were scorching hot, having liv run could increase her chances of overheating esspecially if they run out of water before they got back home. 

luckily for them, today was quite a chilly day. wolf got liv,s harness and slipped it onto her, it was a bit of a struggle as she wouldn't stop moving but he was able to get it on and secure it properly. he then picked up all the other neccessities before he finally set out with liv.

as it was a cold day, wolf was able to run with liv without fearing she might get heatsroke. he stuck to their usual route, running pass the shops that they saw everyday, stopping by a few as the shopkeepers always insisted on giving liv a treat. it was a routine for them now. go out, pass the primary school where the kids would gather around the gate to tell them hi, then they cut through some allyway, where the wannabe high school gangsters hung out, and finally they passed the shops where liv would get an endless amount of treats every single day, then they would circle back and head home.

walks were their favourite thing, they got to spend a lot of time together, and sometimes explore now places. wolf loved it most because she was able to make new friends, wether it be a person or an animal, the little social butterfly was always interacting with something. 

it was the peaceful fun wolf needed in his life

________________________________________

adventures of wolf and liv is back with a new chapeter lol.

now ik wolf and liv could still run anytime of year, but samoyeds ARE prone to heat stoke as they are bred for cold weathers. samoyeds are sled dogs and are made to withstand artic conditions which is why they have such a coat. the coat has insulation which would keep them warm when in those climates so they wont freeze when running through the cold. 

if wolf were to have live run a ling distance in scorching hot sun, her body heat rising, plus the hotness of the day and her coat, makes here chances of suffering from a heat stroke peak. 

samoyeds were not bred to be kept in hot conditions so wolf deciding to stick to walking on hot days is better for liv.

heatstroke is very dangerous for a dog, it could cause them to have brain damage of they could die within minutes. wolf is taking all the neccessary steps to avoid that from happening to liv. 

it doesn't have to snowing, but ones weather conditions are more on the cooler side, taking ur long fluffy coated friends for a nice run will be fine

as i said tho, taking them running anyday is fine, but on extremely hot days, A LOT of wather is needed, and breaks to cool down are required, shortening the length of the run would also be wise 

comming home to an airconditioned house may also be nice, as cooling down would be a lot quicker, and the dog will be comforatble

oh and one more thung. even though you have taken precautions, still pay attention to your dog. ALL dogs are prone to heatstrokeand even though you assume all will be fine because you took all the steps to avoid them from overheating doesn't mean it cannot happen. always be alert and look out for any change in behaviour in them. signs thst they are overheating are:

 frequent panting

 heavy breathing

pale gums

 salivating more than normal

 lethargy

 vomiting

 diarrhea

 fast heartbeat

so please look out for those

and well yrah im done now lol

(naur cause the ending note was probably longer than the story lel)

oh and Q&A answers comming next. i didn't get much questions but if i dont answer them soon i will foget about it so ye