Part 1

She was new here, or at least I've never seen her before. Her long black hair fell right into place, it almost made it impossible to notice how perfect it looked. I'm guessing she was sitting to wait for her friends. My friends could be found at the close by ice cream shop. I could see the mysterious girl take out a book, Thirteen Reasons Why. It was one of my favorite books that I could remember reading. I wanted to go up and start a conversation with her, but I was anxious and scared. You see, I've always been with my friends since I moved here. So meeting new people wasn't exactly my thing. I looked back in the window of the ice cream to make sure my friends weren't even ready to leave. I walked through the doors of that little library and towards the chair that held the new girl.

"Hi, that's my favorite book ever," I pointed down at the book. "Oh really? This is my first time reading it. Don't spoil anything," she smiles and giggles a little. "I won't. I'm Maureen, but everyone calls me Mo," I smile. "I'm Luna, Luna Ellipse," I fangirl a little inside that her names both have to do with astronomy. "So are you from here," I ask. "Yea she is, she left during seventh grade and only came to Jackson Middle for the beginning of eighth. I don't know what happened to her during freshman and sophomore year," I hear my friend, Chelsea, say behind me. "Oh hey Chelsea, haven't seen you in forever, what's up? Did you get your nose fixed," Luna stands up, not being very tall, says to Chelsea's face. "How dare you? You, you, you no good freak," Chelsea walks out hoping I'd follow right behind. I say good bye to Luna.

As we step out into the blazing summer heat, Chelsea and I are joined by Britney, Tiffany, Lindsay, and Stacy. "What happened that made you have to leave, Chels? I had to pay for your food," Tiffany complains. "Chill, it was a major travesty. Luna is back in town," they all looked shocked. They all folded their arms looking at me. "She's dangerous and your popular, that doesn't mix. Besides, you need to focus on cheerleading and your boyfriend, Henry," Stacy, my closest friend, said. I rolled my eyes.

I might have fit in with my friends, but we were totally different. I was more into rock bands while they listened to pop music. I had red hair, while most of them were blond. Except Stacy, she was mostly like me. However, Chelsea pulled her along with her since first grade when they met. We were on the cheer squad simply because we were popular. I left my old life because of me being popular and now I'm still popular. What they don't do is while they skip happily ever after, I'm slowly ready to give up on life. I've made way too many mistakes in my life to keep living. I cut myself some times to relieve the pain I feel inside. Nowhere visible since we lived somewhere hot. I loved cold weather but my mom always made live somewhere hot.

Henry, sadly, was my boyfriend. I'm only dating him because of the relationship our parents share, best friends. Knew each other since High School. He has soft brown hair and a smile that sometimes made you want to run away. He's had a terrible past with girls. I've been dating him since sophomore year. He wasn't a football player or even a lacrosse player. He was in marching band.

Before we left the crosswalk to walk to the other side, I look at Luna one more time. Her friends had joined her, but she made the time to wave at me. I wave back and smile. "Let's get ready for practice, our first game is in eight weeks," Chelsea orders all of us. We get into her pink BeetleBug where we all fit ourselves in. It was a tight fit, but I was used to it. She let down the roof and put on Firework by Katy Perry. I sat there quiet trying to ignore the autotuned voices and annoying beats. My house was first and I got out. "See ya in a hour," they screamed before slowly pulling out of my driveway. "Hey Mo," my younger brother walks to me, "Am I going to get laid by Chelsea any time soon?" I look at him with a shocked expression. "Shut up Matt," I hit his head in a playful way. We walk into the house and I walk immediately to my room so I could avoid my mom. "Can I watch you get dressed," my freshman brother, Matt, decides to ask. "Get the hell out of my room," I yell.