Part 21

I hear my phone ring next to me, but of course I couldn't get it. The doctor that was still in the room put it up to my ear so I could hear who was calling and what they wanted.

"Hello this is the Headmaster of Harvard, I'm calling for a Maureen Taylor," a lady spoke. "This is she," I respond. "Good, we have reviewed your application for our summer math program and I am happy to congratulate you with a full scholarship and acceptance," she tells me. My face gleams with so much happiness. "Hello are you still there," she asks. "I'm sorry I just got really excited. Thank you, it's an honor," I thank them. "You will be flying here on May 30th," she demands. "Yes, I won't let you down," I hang up the phone with glee.

The doctor stares at me. "I was up for a math program at Harvard and I just got in," I smile at him. "Then why is someone as smart as you in the hospital," he asks. "Drama," I reply. He laughs. "I don't wanna know," he looks at me. I nod my head. He gets up and leaves. Now I'm in a room with my hands cuffed to the bed alone. Good for me. I never expected to say that before.

I wondered what Luna was doing right now. Was she having fun? Was she missing me? I missed her. I was so ready to leave this hospital. I hear a knock on the door. "Mo, I'm happy to see you, but I didn't expect it to be here," my brother walks in.

"Matt, oh my god, I've been wondering when they would let you visit," I laugh. "I've been waiting to, it's been like three days," he smiles, "and one more day till I get out of here and come home." I haven't seen him smile in forever. "I get out of here tonight," I tell him. "Are you sure they will because your kind of stuck," he points to the handcuffs. "Yes I'm sure, I've been through all the surgery and they said I was good to go," I laugh. He looks at me. Just looks at me. He gets interrupted by someone opening the door.

"Mo Taylor, you are ready to be checked out," the doctor smiles at me. I smile back. The cops take the handcuffs off of me and the doctor takes out the IV's. I get out of the bed and stand up. I hug my brother and grab my stuff. "I'll see you tomorrow," I ruffle his hair. He smiles and I leave the hospital.

"Do you want your parents to pick you up," the doctor asks me. I shake my head no. "I'll walk home," I tell him. I walk out of the hospital and start walking towards home. I was curious how school would go tomorrow. Would everyone look at me weird? What would Luna say? I had no idea what was going to happen. I was nervous but a little excited.

Eventually I make it home. "Mo, why didn't you call me and tell me you were let out," my mother yells at me. "I didn't want to," I keep walking toward the stairs. "You should have told me," she grabs my arm. "Leave me the hell alone, Mom," I jerk my arm away from her and head to my room. I close the door with a loud bang. I decide to lay on my bed, so I fall back with my arms spread wide.

"What am I going to do now," I laugh as I look at the ceiling. I grab my phone and I open it. I have a text message from an unknown number. I look at it. The text had a video attached so I watched it. I realized what it was. The attack. They recorded it so they could torture me. I don't know whether or not to show it to the principal or keep it to myself. I turned it off and threw my phone away from me. If I wasn't such an idiot, I would've never got attacked. I start crying. The tears fell down into my mouth, the floor, everywhere. I couldn't stop them.

It hurt to cry. The bruises hasn't healed all the way yet so the tears burned a little. I wasn't hungry so I decided I should go to bed. Tomorrow is my first day of school since the attack. I need all the rest I can get. I change into my pajamas and I slowly fall asleep on my bed.

My alarm clock made a large amount of noise before I woke up. When I finally turned it off, I got out of bed and went immediately to the shower. I took my clothes off and entered. The hot water felt good after not taking a shower for almost a week. I shampoo my hair and get it out. I wash my body and get out of the shower. I grab my towel and dry off. I look through my closet and find my favorite jeans. I put on my clothes.

I decided not to eat breakfast, so I grab my keys and leave. I put on my black sunglasses so no one could see my bruised eye.  I start my car up and immediately head straight to school.

After 20 minutes, I make it to my school. I park my car in my assigned parking spot. I step out of my car. My black jeans, nice shirt, leather jacket, sunglasses, and suspenders made me look cool like the movies. I could imagine rock and roll music playing in the background as I slowly walk into school. I opened the doors and I saw the Principal.

"Ms.Taylor, I'd like to speak to you," she calls for me while barely coming out of her office. I stop in my steps and walk to her. "Yes," I question her. "Please sit," I do so, "I'm glad you have returned to school. The board and I have decided to require you take counseling here until the counselor decides you are well enough to stop." I get angry. She wants me to take therapy because people beat me up. "Why should I," I ask rudely. "You've been through tragedy lately. I decided to look into you. Your brother attempted suicide. Your exboyfriend raped you. And now, you were attacked on school grounds," I cringe at the thought of my file.

"Fine, I will," I say, "Happy?" I walk out of the room before she could respond. "It starts now, room 1103," I can feel her wicked smile. I roll my eyes and head to the room. I read the sign, Ms.Yama. I knock on the door.

"Oh goodness, sorry," a woman with a bright young smile and soft brown hair looks up. "Are you Ms.Yama," I question. "Yes, yes. You must be Mo. Come in. You can call me Carol," she winks. I sit down in a chair across from her.

"Have I read a number on you? Your file is full of stuff," she smiles. I look away from her. "Yeah I guess. I don't see why I'm here," I mutter. "Everyone says that," she laughs. I roll my eyes. "So do you want to tell me what happened and who did it," she was referring to the attack. "I'm not at liberty to tell," I rest my head on my hand. "You know who it is then? It says here you didn't," she reads off. "I don't know who it is," I tell her.

"I know how these things work. They threatened you," she asks. I roll my eyes at her. "What do you care," I say harshly. "Tell me who did it," she orders. "Never," I smirk. "Who should I look at," she asks such dumb questions. "Who should you look at? You'd never look at them because they are important to the school. They are the ones everyone looks at during a game. They are the ones everyone praises," I stand up and start yelling at her. I slam my hands on the desk. "So cheerleaders," she asks. I smirk and laugh a small laugh. The bell rings loudly. I leave the office letting her wonder.

I start walking down the hall, towards my first period. I keep my head down, hoping none of them will see me. I watch my feet walk fast dodging other people. Eventually I bump into someone.

"Watch it," a similar voice rings through my ears. A voice that reminds me of home. I look up and see the black long hair of someone I knew. Someone I cherished. Someone I loved.

"Luna?"

AUTHORS NOTE
Here's an update with the short haired version of Mo. Enjoy!