Christmas

Ring ring ring ring

The loud noise of a morning alarm rang through the couple's ears as they slowly wake up to head to their jobs. One, a detective, and the other, a veterinarian. Both very much in love as the first day they met on that one summer day. It was the day of Christmas Eve. Perhaps the busiest day of the year. Their four kids stay tight into their beds as their moms start getting ready.

"Do you want to wake the oldest up," the red haired detective asks. "Fine, I will today," the black haired veterinarian laughs as they both unclothed themselves and walk into their shower. "I'm truly happy I married you," Luna kisses her wife out of true love. They both smile in their kiss. When they both get done washing their hair, they exit. Luna, in her robe, walks down the hallway into the oldest daughter's room.

"Alice," she whispers. "Huh, mom, it's time to wake up I guess," Alice, age 16, rubs her small eyes open. "Just make sure you get them up at 9, you can go back to sleep. We'll leave you a list of chores for them and you, sleep tight," Luna smiles as the girl falls back asleep. Luna leaves back to the master bedroom. "She knows," she informs her wife, Mo. "Ok sweetheart, I'm gonna get breakfast on the way," Mo kisses her wife's forehead. "Be careful," Luna yells quietly.

Mo leaves their suburban house and into the car she goes. She drives to the police station where she works at. Los Angeles Police Department, the sign reads. "Good morning Chief," she says hello to her boss. "Taylor, I need you to run a report for me and then you can go home for the rest of your Christmas Eve," the humble laughs. "Thanks sir, right on it," Mo laughs again.

As for Luna, she had a whole mess of work to do. Client after client showed up and the never ending mess of paperwork and animals flew in. "Oh Luna, it's going to be okay," her assistant tells her. "I still have to go pick up Mo's gift. I ordered her this necklace that had a symbol of our childhood," Luna looks at the stack of paperwork in despair. "Do 6 of these cases and you go take the rest of the day off," her assistant, being the nice woman she is, says. Luna smiles and quickly finishes her work. "Goodbye and Merry Christmas," she says to her staff.

Mo books a guy and finishes that report in about three hours. She leaves the police station and heads home. The car ride was surprisingly quick considering that it was Christmas Eve in Los Angeles. "Kids, I'm home," Mo yells through their house. "Mom," she hears all four of her kids say. She smiles and wonders what her life would be without them and Luna. "Is your mom home," she asks. "No, just you," the youngest, Wendy, replies. "Ok, well you go get the rest of them and we'll play outside," Mo smiles. Wendy exits away from her mother and rounds up Alice, Peter, and Michael. "What do you want," Peter, the second oldest at 14, asks with an annoyed tone. "Yeah what do you want," Michael, the 3rd oldest at 11, laughs. "Mom wants to play outside," Wendy responds and runs out of the room and into the backyard.

"Do you want to be pirates," mother asks. "Oh boy, yes of course I do! Can we raid Neverland again in search for Peter Pan," Michael gets excited. "No why can't we be lost boys trying to find Captain Hook," Peter suggests. "I like that better," Wendy agrees. "Ok than it is that," Mo laughs.

After two hours of searching for Captain Hook and sometimes running into Smee, Luna arrived home and watched her children and wife play games in the backyard. She smiles at how much fun they were having. Her and Mo taught their kids to believe in what they wanted to believe in. For example, Neverland or Wonderland. Some days, they found themselves searching for the Mad Hatter.

"Look Mom's home," Mo yells with excitement. Mo and the children run inside to greet her. Mo kisses her wife on the lips as all the children hug her. "So what were you guys today," Luna questions. "We were lost boys," Alice responds. Even the oldest joined in on the games every now and then. They all laugh. "Ok everyone, let's start making cookies," Luna gets them even more excited. They make sugar cookies into the shape of Christmas trees, ornaments, and other Christmas themed.

"How was work," Mo asks her beautiful wife. "It was busy. You know the holidays, dogs getting ill, cats needing shots, and hamsters always find a way to end up in my shop," she laughs with her smile. "Chief let me off early after I finished a report on this rapist a couple weeks back," Mo informs her. "Oh so that's how the kids got to play again," Luna chuckles. Mo stares at her wife smiling at how lucky they are to have found each other. "What, silly goose," Luna pushes past her wife and runs to the living room. She passes the art that the two made when they went to China. It's the Yin Yang symbol but with the sun and the moon. "Come and get me," Luna yells at Mo. Mo laughs and runs toward Luna pulling her to the couch in happy harmony. The two stare into each other's eyes and kiss with passion.

-2 hours later-

"Everyone gets to open one present on Christmas Eve," Mo tells the children waiting, "The youngest goes first, so Wendy pick one present you want to open!" Wendy picks a rather huge present that has her name on it. They wait patiently as she opens it up. "Woah, a bunch of board games! The last one I got was two years ago, does this mean we get to play them all," the 8 year old gets excited. "Of course honey, Michael your turn," Luna laughs. "Okay, I choose this one," he points to a small one, "Oh my gosh! It's just what I wanted! The new season of Attack on Titan. Mom and I can watch it together!"

"Of course my darling," Mo smiles, "Peter, you next." Peter grabs a bag that has his name on it and is rather bag. "No, you didn't! Oh my goodness, it's the new XBOX and Call of Duty," he gets really excited. "That doesn't mean you get to play it all the time," Luna looks at him, "You still have responsibilities." He nods his head. "Alice, your last up," Mo looks at her. Alice grab a gigantic box, well somewhat gigantic. She rips the paper open. "A laptop? What's the conditions," she asks arrogantly. "Nothing. Your mom and I decided you should be trusted," Luna smiles bash fully at her. "I guess I'm next," Mo breaks the silence. "Actually I want you to open a specific one," Luna grabs the special gift off the counter.

"Okay," Mo shrugs. Mo grabs the present and opens it. She sees the beautiful and thoughtful gift. A tree with two girls sitting on a branch. She remember the giving tree and taking Luna there. Mo starts to tear up. "It's beautiful," she musters through the tears. "I'm glad you love it," they hug. They hear a bunch of awwweees coming from their children's mouths. "I guess it's your turn now," Mo looks at Luna. "I'll take this one," Luna grabs a small present. "Did all of you make this," she looks at the handmade shirt with Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. "I made it for us," Mo caresses her cheek. They both smile as they look at their painting.

"The Sun, The Moon, The Truth," they both say in unison.