Part 10

It was the end of the day. I could hear the loud bell ring through my ears. So far, Chelsea has cut off my hair, I met someone new, been beat up, and tortured. I was on the verge of tears. I could feel the sparkles of water enter the tip of my eyelids before I made it to the bathroom.

I quickly run into there. I put my back up against the wall and slide down to the ground. I bring my hand up to my face as I cry. A lot. Tear after tear. They kept falling. I was at my breaking point. I'm so sick and tired of living. Everyone hates me because I quit the team. My parents hate me because I'm gay. My true love hates me because I'm a dumbass for listening to my lawyer. I keep hitting my head on the wall. I hear the door open as my tears fell to the floor.

"Mo, hey you okay," I hear Rennie's voice enter. She sits next to me on the floor. "Chelsea keeps hurting me. I always thought we were friends," I keep saying stuff hysterically. "It's okay. She's a bitch. She doesn't deserve to be your friend," Rennie puts my head on her chest as she puts her arm around me. "It's just so fucking hard," I feel the tears enter my mouth. "Shh it's going to be okay. I promise," she rubs my head. "Thanks. You're the only one who's been nice to me all day," I cry out. Rennie keeps rubbing my head and I felt protected. I was relaxed.

"I've got to go meet someone," I tell her. "Okay. Be safe," she looks at me. I get up off the floor. "Bye," we hug. I didn't want her to let go. It felt like a hug your mother gives you when you're five after you leave for kindergarten. It felt like the hug your grandma gives you when you enter her house. I smiled and exited the bathroom.

I leave the school and go towards Connie's Burgers. A popular hangout amongst students. I met my first friend here. Chelsea.

-flashback-

I was new here. Seventh grade. My mom dropped me off at this burger joint. It was like one of those fifties restaurant you see on TV in like Grease. I had my money and my phone. I was wearing black jeans, black sneakers, a Sleeping With Sirens shirt, and an old leather jacket. I walked into the brightly lit up restaurant.

"Hi! I don't think I've seen you before! Are you new," a blond girl with a shirt that had LOL written comes up to me. "Yea. I'm Maureen," I smile slightly. "I'm Chelsea. How about we call you Moe," she asks, "but no e at the end of it." Her bright smile made it hard to say no. "Sure," I say smiling from ear to ear. "Is your red natural," she kept asking questions. "No I died it," I replied. "Cool beans. Well come on," she pulls me from the entry way into the dining room part.

I think about that memory when I walk towards the restaurant. A few more miles. It was near school. "Well hey Mo," I hear the peppiest voice in the entire world. Chelsea's.

"What the hell do you want," I yell. "Just wanted to see how your new haircut is doing," she smiles. I start to get panicked. She comes near me and slaps me. "If you ever tell a counselor or a principal, prepare for more hurt than anything you've gotten yet," she threatens and leaves.

I decide to run to the restaurant. When I see the bright lights that say "Connie's", I run near the restaurant. I stop to walk in. I open the door and hear the little jingly bells that alert when someone walks into the door. I see Luna's beautiful face sitting in the second booth.

"Hey Mo," She says with excitement. "Why'd you invite me here," I ask. "Because I missed you and felt bad for you. What Chelsea's doing won't stop," she alerts me. "How would you know," I ask. "You aren't the only one to go through it," Luna says. "Oh you've been," I question. "No but another one of us has. Her name was Lilly. She was the victim before you. Poor Lilly had to go to an alternative school," Luna puts sugar into her tea. "Oh," I sit in the seat across from her. "I love you. I'm not mad at you for anything," she assures me. "Thanks. I'm sorry I had to do that," I ask. "Don't worry about it, it's not your fault," Luna smiles and holds my hand. I smile back. "You wanna go to my favorite spot in school," I ask her. "Sure," she replies. I pull her out of the chair and out of the restaurant.

We run to the school when I go to the Rabbit Hole. It's a secretly hidden spot where seniors used to hook up. I just wanted to sit with her. "This is the Rabbit Hole," I tell her as she sits on the rock. "It's beautiful," she smiles. The sun shone just enough where you could see her face. The trees made it shady so it wasn't hot. "Just like you," I keep looking up before I feel something grab my face. Luna's cold hands were holding it so she could kiss me. Our lips connected together. Felt normal. Still with our spark but it felt like they were supposed to be there forever. I was happy. "Let's go to the school," I tell her as I once again pull her.

I run to the school and enter through the side door. I kiss Luna in the middle of the hall and smile. "I love you too," I laugh. We both look like smiling idiots in the middle of the hallway. "I hate to leave but I've got to go," she says with sadness. "Bye," I laugh.

When she leaves, I dance in the hallway with my earphones playing Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko. I just kept being free. I was just leaping and acting weird like there was invisible rain. I hold my arms out and everything.

Then I feel something grab my earphones out.

"I have a crush on you," a voice says.

The voice kisses me with passion yet soft passion. It wasn't like Luna and I's kiss. It was different but cool. When the voice let go of my lips, I look at her.

"Rennie?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Thanks for reading! I love this book and I'm having fun writing it. Hope you enjoy reading it.