13

Carl

Smoke was everywhere. The heat of the Flames burning at his skin, running around the blazing streets of Alexandria. His dreams were coming true. Watching the Church explode into face, feeling the heat brun his cheeks. He watched his home fall apart right in front of him. He managed to avoid the explosions that went from house to house if they hit. He watched Ron's house burn up into Flames.
Carl couldn't breathe, the heavy smoke filling his lungs, reaching into his bag and pulled out smoke bombs, laying them out to hide himself if Negans men came running in. The plan was to make his way to the Sewers where the groups would meet up, and leave to Hilltop.
He looked around, Blazing fire still burning. There was no chance it would go out. He winced, the gust of hot air hitting his back, feeling like a hot iron touched him. He picked up his pace, stumbling to his knees as he pulled up the warm plate from the ground, pushing it aside and climbed down, making sure to take the time and pull the lid back over, the cool touch of the ladder made him melt. He huffed, taking a moment to catch his breath and continue to climb down.

"Carl-" Daryl mumbled, catching the boys attention. Judith in his arms. And a few people from the group behind him, guns In hand. "What happened? Where's everyone else? Why aren't you at Hilltop?" He questioned, his mind flooding with questions that Daryl didn't seem to answer.
He lifted his gaze from Daryl, seeing Michonne sitting on a bed. Her eyes Narrow and her skin just a little lighter, like she were sick, blood loss.
"Mom?" He mumbled, making his way to Michonne and dropped to his knees. The sight of her, weak, eyes red like she were losing her life squeezed Carl's heart.

"Its how it happened,." She croaked out, She seemed to weak to hold up her head.
Daryl left where they were, Judith letting out a sad Coo.
He watched Michonne lift her Shirt, showing the bandage over her stomach and peeled it off. Carl's breath hitched to the sight. The bite mark, still bloody.
Carl felt his eyes swell with tears, shaking his head.
"No-" he gaspshed, Taking Michonnes hand. She didn't say anything more. The burning Flames giving light for Michonne.

Daryl brought Judith in. She let out a sad whine, hugging onto Michonnes hand. Michonne held back a sob.
"You be good for your brother, Kay baby?" She smiled, Her head Tilting weakly. "Ma'.," Judith whispered, Tears swelling in her eyes. "I love you so much, Judith." She chuckled, Brushing her fingers through The girls hair. Carl watched, biting onto his lips to stop himself from crying.
Judith was taken away moments later, she let out a sob. It's like she knew what was going to happen. Carl looked at Michonne, smiling Weakly.
"Baby.," she whispered, Carl had gone over, looking at her. "We need to get you out of here." He croaked out, His voice breaking.
He didn't want this to be where Michonne had her last moments. "Pl-please- we can- we can get you to Hilltop before you-" he gasped, his breathing quick and his body Trembling. Michonne shook her head. "No baby, I don't have that time., we know that" She smiled, Carl bit down onto His lower lip, nodding as blinked away tears.