18

Fear.

Carl woke up, just like every morning for the past six years, Ron would've left for Hilltop early and took a few people with him, leaving Carl alone in bed.
He waited a moment before sitting up and kicking his feet off the bed, Looking at himself In the mirror, His eye's still the blue He can remember and his curly long hair.
He grabbed a shirt and slipped it on, making his way down the stairs, the smell of bacon and eggs filled the room.

"Morning Hon, Have a good sleep?" A light voice chuckled, Carl glanced over, seeing Michonne in a orange shirt, Jeans and her hair nicely done up like how it always was. Carl smiled, sitting at the table with Judith, Rj, and Andre.
"Yeah. Slept like a baby" He hummed, looking over the table letting out a light hum. The radio had been playing one of Michonnes favorite songs, Even Judith started to Sway her hands to the music.

"You were out for quite a bit yesterday, Having fun with your new friends?" Rick questioned, sitting across from Carl, fresh shaved and a new haircut.
"Yeah. Oh yeah- we uh.. we went to the mall yesterday. Enid wants to meet you" he chuckled, but his smile slowly left once something cought the corner of his eye.
"Enid? She's uh.. Sophia's Girlfriend, right?" He questioned, Carl's attention snapped back to his dad. "Yup. Yeah, Sophia talks about you quite a bit." He smiled, picking at a chip in the table.
Why can't Carl remember how it gotten there?
"How's school comin along? High school is pretty tough." Rick chuckled, glancing at Carl.
"High school?" He questioned, his head tilting. "Dad I'm..." he glanced back into the mirror that Sat hanged on the wall, no longer Twenty-three, but now Sixteen. "I'm.. Twenty-three.," he mumbled, his eyes Narrowing.
"Cmon, you don't wanna grow up? It's a scary thang' " Rick Chuckled, Picking up his coffee mug from the table and took a sip from it. Carl nodded slowly.

"Crap, we need pancake mix right?" Carl questioned, trying to get away from this. He didn't understand what was going on, Michonne nodded, putting the spoon down and grasped her handbag from the counter.
"Run to the store quickly? I'll save you some extra bacon" she smiled, handing him a twenty dollar bill.
Carl nodded, pushing out his chair and skuttled over to grab the folded money. He given her a smile before he turned heel and stepped into his shoes. His movements becoming slower and slower, looking down at the cash Michonne given him.

Pat.
Pat-pat.

Water dripping? Carl stood still for a long moment, His mind going blank. "What.. am I going to the store for again?" He questioned, but there had been no reply. He swallowed thickly, The music being now distorted, now a man's voice coming from it.
"Emergency-- - --- -indoors, doors an-- -locked. Wait for s--eon- to escort you and your fa--- -- -to Atlanta." The man spoke, Carl slowly looked over his shoulder, his brow furrowed together. "Whats up with the radio..?" He chuckled nervously, watching Michonne stop what was had been doing and turned up the volume.

"We repeat, Stay ind--- Someone will es-- - --you and your f-- to saf--- -."

Carl swallowed thickly, glancing at Michonne, Andre was now gone, his high chair empty. Rick was staring at Carl so was Judith and rj.
"Oh baby.," Michonne whispered, rounding around the counter and cupped Carl's face. "I know it's scary." She whispered, Carl's eyes Narrowed. He didn't understand what she was talking about.
"Baby I'm gone." She smiled, Her thumbs rubbing his cheek bones.