17

Their end.

He scoffed, snatching his hat from the ground and shot Rick a look.
"You're not listening." He grumbled, putting his hands onto his hips and looked up, Each Carl and Rick had found themselves stuck. Yes. In a hole.

"I do listen!" Carl snapped, Propping his hat into his head and Taken some time to wind himself up and leap to latch onto one or the roots that had been Sticking out, but to no Progress, and No luck, It broke, Carl falling flat on his rear.

"Was this hole your plan or are you gunna blame it on me?" Rick scoffed, shooting Carl a Glare as he gotten to his feet.
"I'm not blaming you for anything. Get off my back already!" Carl hissed, pacing around. Out of all the times that Rick could bring up the Negan situation, it had to be fucking. Now.

"No. You need to listen." Rick grabbed at Carl's shoulder, but Carl Jerked himself away and shot Rick a glare. "Please. Just.. listen." He whispered, leaning back onto the dirt wall. Carl fell silent and nodded.
"People think he should be dead. Rosita is one of em." He mumbled. "She tried killin' him this morning. You can't stop her."

"But I will. We all just have to live with it." Carl whispered, looking at Rick, his dad's eyes soft.
"Thats what they've all been doin' , 'living with it' . She's been living with this whole damn time!" He scoffed, looking at Carl.

"No." Carl shook his head. "If he dies-- Negan- If he dies, it would all be for nothing" he felt tears swell in his eyes. "The war. The loss. Everyone who died- Michonne, My mom. She would've died for nothing." Carl hissed.

"You gotta let go." He whispered, Carl's heart stopped. "Just let go, this just.. isn't ment to be." Though, all Rick had Wanted was a safe place for Carl and his children. But with someone Like Negan being in the way.
Carl stared at his dad, glossy eyes and hand in hand. Carl's shoulders sunk. All this, everything he worked up for was all now feeling gone.

"Yeah-" he huffed, glancing at Rick. "Comere, let me push you up- And you can pull me up?" Rick leaned on the wall, putting his hands over his knees, Ready for Carl.
The boy nodded, adjusting himself and climbed upwards.

.
.
.

Carl glanced over his shoulder, smiling at His Auntie Evie. She was Rick's sister, older and One of his 'Best friends'. It had been about Eleven Months since the incident.
"Last time Id seen you, you were just a tiny little guy" She cooed, picking his cheeks before kissing her forehead. Carl smiled Awkwardly.

"Yeah- uh- not anymore I guess." He shrugged, Glancing at His Aunt with a nervous smile. It was odd how they found each other. She pulled up to the gates with Seven kids. Carl had no second thoughts when he agreed to take them in.
They stayed for a day or two. Saying that they'd get out of his hair soon. But Carl's stomach turned. He had something of his dad. Finally. But good things come to ends.
Carl woke up. Early in the morning to say goodbye to his Aunt Evie. But she was gone, along with Judith and a few of the other Children. Carl knew the games Children played, Especially the ones that His Aunt Evie had. But not this time.