six

six - date night, movie night

"Are you nervous?" Peter asked his best friend.

"Yes, I think i'm gonna throw up." Yelena replied nervously. Peter just looked at her in disgust, "Oh my god, Lena it's just a date I don't think you should be this nervous."

"How would you know? You've never been on one." Yelena quickly responded.

"Ouch." He replied.

"Sorry." The girl said, "Thanks for letting me get ready here." The girl continued to look in the mirror as she finished up her hair.

"No problem." The boy smiled.

Peter watched as Yelena finished getting ready for her date. She decided to have Kate pick her up at his place, so they can hide from her strict parents. She looked in the mirror one last time for some last minute touch ups.

Yelena looked at her phone and saw that Kate had texted her. "She's here."

Peter got up from his bed and hugged the girl, "Good luck, don't throw up."

"Thanks Pete."

When Yelena walked out the door, she didn't expect the girl to be standing outside of Peter's apartment with a bouquet of flowers.

Kate turned around and noticed her, "Hi, you look beautiful."

"Thank you." Yelena smiled.

"These are for you" Kate said handing the girl the flowers. "I didn't know what kind you liked so sorry if they're not your favorite." She said anxiously rubbing the back of her neck.

Yelena happily took the flowers, "Kate these are perfect."

"Good, well let's go." She said.

The two of them got into the girl's car and left Peter's place. They sat in a comfortable silence as they left. After a few minutes Yelena noticed Kate was leaving town.

"Where are we going?" The blonde asks curiously.

"I thought it would be nice to get out of Westview for a while so I  thought we could go to the drive in, it's not that far from here."

"I didn't know there was a drive in near here." She responded.

"Yea my parents used to take me as a kid." Kate smiles at the memory.

They finally drove out of Westview. Kate put Taylor Swift on, and the two of them talked almost the whole way there.

When they got there Kate parked into a open spot, she then pulled out a bag full of snacks for them to choose. She settled with a bag of hot cheetos while the blonde picked out some red vines.

"What movie are we watching?" Yelena asked curiously as they waited for it to start.

Kate's face suddenly drops, "Shit I knew I forgot something."

Yelena laughs, "Kate Bishop you don't know what movie we're watching?"

"I forgot to check!" Kate laughs.

After a few minutes the movie begins. The two girls waited eagerly to see what movie was going to play. Once it started they recognized the song "You've got a friend in me"

They were watching Toy Story. Kate looks over at Yelena then both girls start to laugh. The blonde looks around and notices a lot people were there watching the movie, most of them being children. She didn't mind though, she loved Toy story.

As the movie started everyone went silent and focused on the movie. The only thing you could hear was popcorn bags rustling and a few kids talking hear and there. Every few minutes of the movie Kate would look over at the girl to see if she was having a good time. Eventually Yelena noticed and smiled. She thought it was cute.

Later on during the movie Kate put her arm around the girl, and the blonde got more comfortable and leaned into Kate's embrace. They shared some more snacks together and whispered comments about the movie to each other.

The two girls enjoyed the rest of the movie. Once it finished Kate decided to drive back into town. They continued to talk about the film and what they enjoyed about it.

Eventually they got back into Westview, the girls walked around Kate's neighborhood, as the night continued their chatter never stopped. They we're currently sitting side by side in the park. It was empty, not a person is sight.

"Thank you for tonight." The blonde said as she looked up at Kate. She was currently sitting in between Kate's legs, leaning against her.

"No problem, i'm glad you liked it." She responded. The two girls kept eye contact, which made the blonde feel nervous.

"Ive never been on a date before but I think you did good." Yelena teased causing the girl to laugh.

Kate leaned down and kissed her. Keeping their lips attached, the girl pulled Yelena into her lap. She felt the blonde grasp the back of her neck, pulling them closer together. Kate kissed her once more before disconnecting her lips from the blonde's, leaving a trail of kisses down her neck.

Yelena's hands were tangled in Kate's hair, softly pulling it. She kept her eyes shut as the other girl continued to leave marks on her neck.

Finally Kate came up for air and smiled at the girl. "Be my girlfriend."

The blonde was taken back a bit. She knew her and the girl were getting closer she just never thought she'd hear those words. So she just nodded yes, then leaned her head on the girl's shoulder.

"I've wanted you for so long." The blonde whispered softly.

"Well now you have me."

___

The next day Yelena went to Peter's place to tell him the good news. She knocked on the boys door and he quickly opened it.

"Hi Pete." She told the boy giving him a quick hug. "Hey, please don't smash my poptart!" He yelled quickly lifting it up in the air.

The girl ignored him."So Kate asked me to be her girlfriend." She told the boy urgently.

Peter drops his poptart out of his hands. "What?" He asked quickly turning his head towards the girl. Suddenly he burst into joy then ran over and enveloped the girl in a hug. "Oh my god, Lena this is great!" He shouts. "You've been wanting this forever!"

Peter still remembers when the girl first started crushing on Kate. They both memorized her schedule and followed her around, but not in a creepy way! "I'm so happy for you." He smiled at the girl as he picked his poptart up from the ground and ate it.

"Thanks Pete." She tried to smile, but she looked mildly disgusted by the poptart.

"So are you guys going to keep it a secret?" He asked as he took another bite of his poptart.

"Yea for now." She replied. The two girls decided it would be best if they kept their relationship private for now. With Natasha not liking the idea of them being together and Alexei currently not so fond of Kate, it would be for the best.

"Well tell me everything that happened!" He asked excitedly. He sat down on the couch and called her over.

She sat and told the boy everything, not leaving out any details. Peter was glad his best friend had such a good date. He couldn't be more happy for the girl.

___
so it's official, their anniversary is november 1st!